Non Original Panels

doors and door skins can not be gotten spurious, you will have to go to a main dealer or buy 2nd hand

That seems to be the general feeling. When i was at this stuff back in the 90's, you'd change the skin but feed back i'm getting now is the whole door is the go. Got a quote for new non OE £390 + £80p/h.
Looks like 2nd hand €100.

I'm still looking for one....

Thanks lads
Garf

Assuming in good nic?
Delivery?
Colour?

I'll just have to check with my panel beater morrow that he hasn't got one already...

Thx.

There you go, sorted :)

Even if you could get a skin I would think you would find it hard to get a panel beater willing to strip down a door an weld new skin on.

That price for non genuine door seems high, as I think a genuine door for a type r is around that

Back in the 90's i would have changed more door skins than doors!
But its just more cost effective now to change the whole door than the door skin

Yes a door skin might still be a viable option a new car but on a 13 year old one there's more of them in scrap yards than on the road at this stage
75 quid for a door close to the right colour is the way to go

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=35931.msg412095#msg412095 date=1350815219]
Back in the 90's i would have changed more door skins than doors!
But its just more cost effective now to change the whole door than the door skin
[/quote]

im with you on this man, long long time since i did a skin, loved doing them much more work satisfaction than just bolting on a new door

But as said you said it more cost effective now

Back