need to sort rust and missing paint

careyn5

Sunday Drivers
Anyone got any ideas on the best way to deal with the paint missing in the images show. The car is about to go into storage, so this is really just a temporary fix. have a white subaru touch up paint to fill, its the beginnning of the rust that im more concerned about. Need to do something with it before I use the paint. Have two treatment products in pics but not sure if they are any good. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc518/careyn5/Legacy%20RS/

If your putting it away a blob of grease of vazzo will keep it as good as new
Did it with an old fiat I had 12 months later wiped it off and it was fresh as

i'd give it a scuff up with a red scotch pad apply some rust treatment, primer then just touch it up, looks to me like the paint chipped around it came off a bit to easy, was it sprayed at all do you know

Good tip with the vazzo keith :thumbsup:, wouldnt of thought of that. Handy way out, but think at this stage ill try sort it before storage. its only surface rust, so the scotch pad might be the way forward. have the two treatments shown in pics so might try them after. the chipping was caused by sulfur. The car used to live beside a mine and at some point abit of sulfur landed on the car and made the paint weak in those few spots. needless to say its kept polished at all times now. Any tips on touch up??

Back