NCT Emissions

Steveb4

Octane Boostaholics
Hello everyone! :smile:

My car failed the NCT on emissions,lamada is reading fine.I bought a bottle of "dipetane" as i was told its good tack.Can anyone advise me the best ratio fuel/additive quantity they found to be best for their car please?.I just want the car to pass at this stage :wall:.

It would probably help if you told more about readings on test. With healthy setup, with working cat you should rather pass without Dipetane.

I'm in the same boat, going to go with half a bottle of diptane to 1/4 tank petrol, driving gently! Then top up with e5 and drive it easy till its empty again!
Don't like using diptane as it effects fuel too much IMO
But needs must and apparently I have to nct the car :new_argue:

something must be very amiss

B4's can pass with just one cat in the NCT and a standard car has two of them, so unless something is very wrong you'll find it hard to fail, mine has been through with two engines, and the emissions on both have been tiiiiiiny teeeeeeeny

fix the problem

dont mask it with Dipetane

if your lambda reading is good, then your a/f mixture is ok which rules out any engine running issues, your cat is the problem unless it is burning a bit of oil

If your Lamba is faulty, the Diputane wont get you through.
Like the lads have mentioned, you have a problem of some sort if the emmissions are wrong, Faulty Lamba, Cat etc etc.. So i would look at finding and fixing the problem.

Cheers for the replies lads. :smile:

Low Idle @750 rpm CO 4.65% VOL Limit above 0.50% fail
HC 254 ppm Limit above 0 ppm fail

High Idle @3,090 rpm Lambda: 1.00 Limit NOT between 0.97 and 1.03 :doh: didnt see the "not"
CO 0.04 VOL% above 0.30% fail
HC 44 ppm above 200 ppm fail

Well thats what i got.Just reading the test sheet and it has failed on the lambda so...,shes not burning any oil either.

Then again im probably just as well off to cancel the re-test and just get it sorted.

Does anyone know what would be the best way to solve this? change the cat first or just change the lambda.

The car is using the lucas octanne boost as its still running on jap spec.

Your lamda is fine at 1.00

The not means not between .97 and 1.03 is a fail!

I'd think you need to stop using the booster and try again!

It's only on low idle it's failing!

lambda is 1.00 which means mixture is perfect. ie. no sensor, ignition or fueling problems
hc is low ie. not burning oil
100% cat is your problem

Cheers again for the replies lads!

I have the car booked in for this friday.ill have to cancel it and try again.Was hoping it was just the booster as smokey said.

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=35920.msg411947#msg411947 date=1350606808]
I have a cat there €50
[/quote]

Sound Baz ill paypal that to you. :thumbsup:

Back