rear brake question?

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
Was just wondering if the rear brakes on my 01 legacy brakr when I press the peddle of :ponder:jus the front? I was pretty sure the rear brakes are for handbrake only but not 100%

should be the same as impreza. disc breaks work together and hand break pads are inside rear disc and working separately.

[quote author=jaskin71 link=topic=35867.msg410985#msg410985 date=1349873617]
should be the same as impreza. disc breaks work together and hand break pads are inside rear disc and working separately.
[/quote]

Yeah exactly the same

Wat you mean so the rear brake discs and the rear pads are used when you brake or just for the handbrake? That squealing noise is back again and now im thinkin its the rear but xoukdnt be if they dont do anything when you brake?

yeah mate they do breaking when you press your break pedal. all 4 break together jst when you are pulling ur hand break up inside rear discs are two break pads(two each wheel) and they do that job for you when parking.

Oh I didnt know that, so there is 4 brake pads in each side, is the handbrake pqds hidden inside the hub or what? I looked at my rear discs and they are bqdly worn with a lot of buildup of girt on either end of the disc so mite aswell change then!

Back