Buddyclub damper wont adjust.

JohnRA

Member Number 3801
Right so this is them.

7FBB51B5-B0F8-40E8-A0CB-F1DE6B33F9AB-803-0000007EE1156ECA.jpg

Adjustable caster plate and camber adjusters on top so they're inverted and the damper and adjuster is on the bottom as opposed to under the bonnet on the top mount.

A problem because it's exposed to dirt and grime etc from the road. Mine have seized up apart from one side which i can wiggle a little bit. I left a lump of copper grease sitting on the adjuster all day yesterday. Washed it all out last night and still wouldn't budge so I used a penetrant spray and left that sitting over night and still the wont budge!

This is the adjuster. As you can see it sits into the centre of a bolt. I'm fairly sure if I go near that I'll be disassembling the coilover and the gas will leak out and we don't want that!
BC-RSD-KNOB_zps3dbc5fcc.jpg

C14C5BAE-ED63-4368-A24F-B39EDDDDEA8C-1600-000001D98BB7D121.jpg

The aul tap with a hammer while turning with a grips option is out because these things can snap from being over turned just by hand and then they valve is £18 off Buddyclub UK.

So, what the fudge am I going to do? I could snap it and buy a new valve but they wont get hear before the trackday on Friday.

Back