Buddyclub damper wont adjust.

JohnRA

Member Number 3801
Right so this is them.

7FBB51B5-B0F8-40E8-A0CB-F1DE6B33F9AB-803-0000007EE1156ECA.jpg

Adjustable caster plate and camber adjusters on top so they're inverted and the damper and adjuster is on the bottom as opposed to under the bonnet on the top mount.

A problem because it's exposed to dirt and grime etc from the road. Mine have seized up apart from one side which i can wiggle a little bit. I left a lump of copper grease sitting on the adjuster all day yesterday. Washed it all out last night and still wouldn't budge so I used a penetrant spray and left that sitting over night and still the wont budge!

This is the adjuster. As you can see it sits into the centre of a bolt. I'm fairly sure if I go near that I'll be disassembling the coilover and the gas will leak out and we don't want that!
BC-RSD-KNOB_zps3dbc5fcc.jpg

C14C5BAE-ED63-4368-A24F-B39EDDDDEA8C-1600-000001D98BB7D121.jpg

The aul tap with a hammer while turning with a grips option is out because these things can snap from being over turned just by hand and then they valve is £18 off Buddyclub UK.

So, what the fudge am I going to do? I could snap it and buy a new valve but they wont get hear before the trackday on Friday.

:wallbash) :wallbash) :wallbash) :wallbash)

had these on my EP2 and they seized too, B**stard of a yoke.

never got them free in the end, i didnt try too hard. but that bolt in the end i dont think holds in the gas. there is no seal on it. the gas would be a in a silinder champer in inside i think.

2 of my mates have them on Dc5's and EP3's. il ask them and see :thumbsup:

[quote author=lloyd_flat4 link=topic=35857.msg410872#msg410872 date=1349798087]
had these on my EP2 and they seized too, B**stard of a yoke.

never got them free in the end, i didnt try too hard. but that bolt in the end i dont think holds in the gas. there is no seal on it. the gas would be a in a silinder champer in inside i think.

2 of my mates have them on Dc5's and EP3's. il ask them and see :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers.

There's a sticker on the damper saying don't disassemble.

Feckin things are like butter, it's as if they're buit to snap. I noticed that the valve is actually a 2 piece bit (the adjustment nipple actually goes down through the nut) so I pulled it straight up as the Allen key section is not threaded and has no way of being fastened down. Both snapped at the exact same spot.

Now I've to get the bit left in the damper out.

2AE51269-F0D5-44DC-9189-4B607A8D115B-1600-000001DF7F269811.jpg

maybe
dont try copper grease
try wd40 or simillar
a mate of mine swares bye it for unseizing bolts etc

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=35857.msg410890#msg410890 date=1349808852]
maybe
dont try copper grease
try wd40 or simillar
a mate of mine swares bye it for unseizing bolts etc

[/quote]

Was using WD40 after the copper grease and wasn't working so I switched to a penatrant which I applied over the day and then left it overnight.
0043FB9D.JPG

[quote author=lloyd_flat4 link=topic=35857.msg410892#msg410892 date=1349809267]
that bit thats left in there is going to have to be bored out i think... talk about a design flaw :icon_hang:
[/quote]

Yes, it has to be bored out. Pain in the bollox. :angry1:

use some brake fluid to free up bolts and the likes :thumbsup: not much good now but its works great :thumbsup:

I'll just have to make do with their current setting for the track day but they'll be modified so it doesn't happen again.

Back