Ireland number plates......

Richard.D

Sunday Drivers
Hi All,

New member - recently (March) transferred here with work from Zurich. Even more recently brought my car over.

I now need to get Irish number plates - what are my options? My space is limited, ideally I'd like a square one the size of a motorbikes, or a sticker one I can lay across the top edge of bumper. Photo;

Also, does anyone know how long before they'll ask me to go to an MOT type test? I assume this will include an emissions check? I'm not doing any more work on the car until this bit is sorted - then I can up the boost and see how it will perform (currently running 1 bar). Full details of the car, for those interested, at http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000011 ......it's been a long project :)

Thanks, Richard

Hey Richard D
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Number plates if their not standard their illegal,
that said most cops say nothing unless there to small. Most motor factors
can supply same

Once the car is taxed as an Irish car it needs it's NCT.....(National Car Test), i have a down pipe and center section
in the shed with cats in , you can borrow them for the test if you like.
Again as far as the NCT goes iv'e never done mine MY99 STI TypeR and never get much hassel.

Niall.

Thanks Niall,

Great news - will the motor factors provide me with a stick-on version of a number plate?

My car has a cat in the centre section (currently), thanks. Problem I have is that it's running a rotated turbo and the stock ECU (with MAF), which causes idle running issues. Sorted now with careful use of a DV that strategically 'leaks', but it took ages to get right. Don't want to play with the map again now until it has passed the emissions check.......'cos it may not anymore afterwards for a little while :D

Richard

Back