car braking down anytime i go into boost

scooby snacks

on my way home earlier, gave the car a bit of beans and went into the 2nd turbo and while in boost it started to break down
this gradually got worse as i went home. Its doing it even with the first turbo between 2-3krpm.... out of boost the car drives fine
their is no check light on either

sny ideas where to start or common faults that can cause this

car is a legacy gt-b etune bh5

coil packs arent hugely common but yes can happen

assuming this was not like this when purchased of David?

think i have it sorted, changed the bov to a hks one yesterday put the standard one back in dismorning and all seems fine...... fingers crossed :dance: :dance:

What do you mean when you say it breaks down? What actually happens? Does it hesitate and then go again or cut the power completely?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=35784.msg410125#msg410125 date=1349163215]
What do you mean when you say it breaks down? What actually happens? Does it hesitate and then go again or cut the power completely?
[/quote]

Yeah it hesitates, it doesn't cut out

Had this on a car with a crack along the ceramic of plug, drive perfect off boost, load it up and spark found the easier route and out through crack. Seemed to be worse when hot aswell.
Could also be a coil pack..
Think its defo some way spark related.

Checked the plugs and injectors and they were all fine, no obvious visual damage on coils and the diagnostic tool would not link with the system, still no further, can anyone recommend some one to put an eye over this who is based in dublin

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=35784.msg410339#msg410339 date=1349300189]
we are based just outside.

would think its a small issue.
[/quote]

if i cant figure it out over the next few days ill have to arange to get the ca up to ya....

to be honest id a car that done the same and i'd agree that its the spark plugs/coils. change the plugs if noting standing out on the outside. done it myself and it sorted the problem. got advise for someone who rallys the cars for years. worked a treat. if it doesnt work get a multimeter and bell out the coil for same resistance in ohms. may give an idea of an issue with the coil if one is a higher or lower reading them the other one's.. :thumbsup:

Back