steering wheel judder

scoobysti

Petrolheads
Hi Guys a few months ago i felt a judder in the steering wheel under breaking so i though it was warped discs .I bought a set of drilled and grooved on the net , fitted them and everything perfect for bout 6 weeks when the judder came back. I send the discs back to the company as i though they must have been faulty.They replaced them no problem. So i fitted them and perfect again.....for another 5-6 weeks and same again , judder back. Changed pads no differance so i bought a set of standard sti discs second hand which were in pretty good condition , fitted them and again everything seemed perfect until the other day when the judder is back again...any ideas what to do now? cheers...

[quote author=scoobysti link=topic=35721.msg409443#msg409443 date=1348612976]
Hi Guys a few months ago i felt a judder in the steering wheel under breaking so i though it was warped discs .I bought a set of drilled and grooved on the net , fitted them and everything perfect for bout 6 weeks when the judder came back. I send the discs back to the company as i though they must have been faulty.They replaced them no problem. So i fitted them and perfect again.....for another 5-6 weeks and same again , judder back. Changed pads no differance so i bought a set of standard sti discs second hand which were in pretty good condition , fitted them and again everything seemed perfect until the other day when the judder is back again...any ideas what to do now? cheers...w
[/quote]
Have you checked your track rods? Also could be a wheel bearing happened to me.

Have you checked for seized pistons in the caliper? If one of the pads is stuck on the disk the heat build up will cause it to warp.

Were they hubs rubbed down and cleaned up before mounting the disks? Could be uneven surface from a bit of rust causing the disk not to sit flush.

Back