Choose from DS2500/Redstuff/Yellowstuff/RC5+ ??

geogan

Petrolheads
Are the Ferodo DS 2500 really worth €374 (camskill) over say the Redstuff (€237) or Yellowstuff (€275) (ebcdirect) or RC5+ (€330) (murray motorsport)? That's a big difference in price for just brakepads...

For normal day to day city driving... definitely don't want squeel, just as strong brakes as possible with minimal dust and in all conditions without warm up time needed. I would just be doing a single trackday a year.

I think it's Redstuff in the car at the moment from previous owner and they seem perfectly fine to me for normal driving - certainly way better than whatever was in the old WRX...

Would the Ds2500 be complete overkill and worse in terms of squeel then Redstuff? I presume the actual braking drag coefficient is higher in DS2500 than Redstuff.

Are the Yellowstuff just as road friendly as the Redstuff while being stronger braking? Do they squeel?

p.s at the moment cost is important too.

Ds2500 are the best road pad going. That price is extortionate though.

Redstuff won't last more than a lap or 2 on track, and I didn't think the yellowstuff was great.

No experience with the rc5+, only the rc6 which is more of a track pad. The rc5+ is supposedly designed for road use so supposedly no squeal and not as much dust.

That is mad money! I only paid 130pounds for my last set of ds2500 for my 6pot AP's.

You will not get a better pad though for road/track use.no noise,little dust and long lasting.

I don't rate ebc pads or discs. Had them before and found them very bad.

How are they so dear? Is it a brembo caliper type pad?

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=35711.msg409363#msg409363 date=1348567647]
That is mad money! I only paid 130pounds for my last set of ds2500 for my 6pot AP's.

How are they so dear? Is it a brembo caliper type pad?
[/quote]

Yes standard STI Brembo on car. Unless I am doing something wrong this is what the checkout looks like:

ferodods2500brakes.png

Can they be gotten somewhere else cheaper than this?

Got Ciaran at asd to fit mine a while back give him a buzz he said he had some sets left

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=35711.msg409367#msg409367 date=1348571113]
ds2500's from godspeed for £205

Delivery will probably be another £15-£20 but a fair whack cheaper than prices quoted above

http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=86
[/quote]

That's just for front brakes. That place is even more expensive than the one I found. When you add in the rears it ends up being over £330 (€414)!

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=35711.msg409370#msg409370 date=1348571505]
Got Ciaran at asd to fit mine a while back give him a buzz he said he had some sets left
[/quote]

Sent him a PM there...

Ah didn't see your picture showing both front & back were quoted in that price :thumbsup:

Rears are overkill in my opinion, the amount of braking your rears do will not require a performance pad

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=35711.msg409373#msg409373 date=1348572372]
Ah didn't see your picture showing both front & back were quoted in that price :thumbsup:

Rears are overkill in my opinion, the amount of braking your rears do will not require a performance pad
[/quote]

Maybe I don't need back as much as fronts but would it not unbalance the braking? - I'll have to check them and decide - anyone know if you can check how much is left on the pads without removing wheels and pads? I presume none of the above pads have wear indicators on them do they?

Excuse the hi-jack!!

I've been after Ferodo DS2500 for my01 wagon... but finding it hard to find them. None on Godspeed that I can see.

Anyone know where to gert them for standard 294mm 4 pots...?

went from ds2500 to ebc bluestuff and they are better in every way than the Ferrodo's. They are quiet, they have superb cold bite and even better when up to temp, the ferrodo's fell apart after last track day. and were always shite when cold

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=35711.msg409377#msg409377 date=1348575116]
went from ds2500 to ebc bluestuff and they are better in every way than the Ferrodo's. They are quiet, they have superb cold bite and even better when up to temp, the ferrodo's fell apart after last track day. and were always shite when cold
[/quote]

See this is what is confusing - one person says they're the best thing since sliced bread and another says they are crap. :ponder2:

To be honest I would more believe someone who has actually used both and experienced both as opposed to someone who has only used one and made up their mind from reviews etc.

Is this the new Bluestuff NDX pads you are talking about?

Dan, so you reckon I should go for Bluestuff then instead of DS2500 or other EBC pads? Have you tried red/yellow stuff at all before? Are you still on stock Brembos?

Eh most of us have used other pads at some stage or another too.

I've used mintex 1144's, ferodo 2500's & currently have ebc bluestuff (non ndx) but sure 1 negative comment about the ferodos amongst a sea of compliments must mean they're not worth the extra :wall:

does anyone in ireland stock and sell ferodo ds2500 pads for 4 pots .ordered a set 2 weeks ago and they arrived today and fookers got them wrong :angry1: :angry1: there for standard 2 pot brakes would like a set before friday or am i out of luck :ponder:

Try Davelegacy or Murray Motorsport would be your best bet :thumbsup: .. Outside of that I don't think anyone in Ireland stocks them :icon_sad:

Back