KYB shocks knocking.

Kilfree

Octane Boostaholics
I fitted new KYB rear shocks to my MY 05 sti impreza as the old ones were knocking.Now about a year later the new ones have started knocking.Hopefully they are in warranty,I'll look up the invoice to see.I heard that dismantling the shock and replacing the grease in the housing cures this.Has anybody on here tried this?

Yes it will but I'd be back on to them one year is not good
Heard some lads drill them and weld a grease nipple on so that can top it up as they start knocking.

did you just replace with oem shocks ?

white lithium grease sprayed onto the shocks will be a temporary cure but its cheap and stops the irritating knocking

Yes they were oem shocks ,kyb sourced from a motor factors.The old shocks were Subaru stamped,but also made by kyb.Subaru wanted €600 plus each!!!!!They were much cheaper from the factors.Anyway I haven't found the invoice yet.......

yup had that same quote , crazy money for 1 unit , im pretty sure the new ones i got are kyb golds , they have covered a few miles and so far no knocking , if they do knock i will be getting a grease nipple mounted on the body of the unit so i can grease them once a year , probably the best route to go down yourself if your not long after changing

Back