Airbag light on/horn not working

Steveb4

Octane Boostaholics
How ya lads,

A few weeks ago,I was on the way to the NCT center and the airbag light came on in the car. :doh: . Then after the test was done,the tester pointed out to me the horn wasnt working as well.He said they were connected with the airbag light being on.

What would cause the light to come on?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Would imagine its the clock spring broken causing the horn to stop working, not sure if it would effect the airbag light though, someone will know I'd say

Look in the how to section Steve. Ive had that problem before. It's the clocking alright,it's just a ribbon wire behind the steering wheel. Dont bother going to Subaru for one,they'll want over 500 as far as I can remember

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=35658.msg408776#msg408776 date=1347965349]
Look in the how to section Steve. Ive had that problem before. It's the clocking alright,it's just a ribbon wire behind the steering wheel. Dont bother going to Subaru for one,they'll want over 500 as far as I can remember
[/quote]

Sound Sean :thumbsup: ill try some breakers and see can i get one.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=35658.msg408760#msg408760 date=1347920107]
yes would/can effect both.

was the steering wheel off just prior to test?
[/quote]

Hey dave,the steering wheel was disconnected/reconnected from the steering rack but i dont think that would effect it...?

Ive checked the connections to do with the airbag (seats,fuses,wires) but theres no obvious sign of anything.ill do the clock spring and see if that solves it.

Cheers lads!

Back