Anyone fitted Carbone Lorraine RC6 pads

goosie208

Petrolheads
As above anyone fitted them?

And kit how bad is the squeal? Seen some vids on YouTube and it seems shocking

Had an interesting chat with Dave today :D

Never had a problem with them, squeal a tad but its a small price to pay,
I done two trackdays and many many road miles = discs bunched but the pads only used about half way.

I had rc6's in my b4, they squeal like an absolute hitch but the performance is unbelievable. I don't know what happened with Dec's set but mine went through 4 track days plus daily driving for over a year and there was still 50% of meat left in them when I sold the car.

To counteract the squealing, I used to spend half an hour every 4-6 weeks applying some fresh copper grease which stopped them from squealing.

They are terrible on your wheels though, they will destroy them unless you religeously clean them and de-ironise them pretty regularly.

How much are padgid blue pads? They are good too.
I think though any of the top pads are up around that Ferodo money.

more of the above

super stoppers

annoying squeel

BITCHIN brake dust , (its still caked on my wheels)

disc munchers

be more a trackday pad imo , but performance was most deffo very good

I'm very happy with my EBC Bluestuff NDX! As a general rule people complain about everything, there are as many satisfied users as those who complain..
It all depends on the disks people have imo... On my DBA grooved disks the Bluestuff is just great - driving over a year on a set now with occasional left foot braking etc. and there's still some meat on them.

Have ebc red stuff on front of the wagon..... stops very well I have to say......
Once I fix my ABS issue it will be even better too

I think it all depends what you have had before as to what you compare it to. Ask Nicky spec c what it was like going from ebc red stuff to carbon lorraines and the difference in performance is night and day .

I have RC8's which I'll be using for the upcoming trackday but my daily pads are dirt and I'll be changing the for ferodo ds2500's in the new year when the car comes out of hibernation.

The ds2500's are the only daily road pad that get consistantly great reviews, imo you should spend the extra and get them. I wouldn't use carbon loraines on the road again personally.

The carbone Lorraine RC5+ are similar in performance to DS2500. They squeal a bit though, even with new anti rattle slips fitted, they dont seem much dustier than the Ferrodos though.

Next time I'll be going back to the DS2500, they are a perfect fast road/track pad.

Back