AEM UEGO Wideband Air/Fuel Controller Gauge

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So do many of you have any sort of AFR gauge in your scoobys? i was thinking of getting one or two gauges installed in the car to help monitor things. AFR being one of them and oil temp being the other mounted in a steering column pod so i dont have to stick them on the dash. My current digital boost gauge mounted in the airvent can be "upgraded" to add a sensor for oil pressure so i think with the boost, AFR, volt, oil temp/oil pressure and knock detector thats all the main areas covered that are useful to monitor. Is there any other ones i should be considering?

Hey Dan ,

I have boost pressure , oil temp & oil pressure , in a 3 gauge pillar pod .
TBH it's the boost that i would look at most

But with the apexi Hand controller im constantly monitoring loads of differen't settings but again
i would have to say it's the KNOCK and battery sensor's i watch the most .

Battery for when im parked up , my alarm dose alot of things but eats battery .

Niall.

You really are .............i mean im monitoring air flow , water temps , and all sorts of
timming etc........... but tbh there's really no need :thumbsup:

NIall.

I have Defi boost, oil pressure and oil temperature gauges. You mightn't think it but the oil gauges are very useful. Oil temp lets you know when the engine is safely warmed up (i don't do any boost at all until temp is around 90) and you can really see the effect of temp on the oil pressure - starts cold at about 6bar then slowly drops and once warmed it is at 2bar. I was having problems lately where pressure was dropping below 2bar to below 1bar when idling and Defi gauge alarm was going off with engine off so they did their job.

I too was looking into a wideband AFR gauge (i have another thread about it here). The best one I saw is the Prosport EVO series digital - they look great and come with the newer sensor (Bosch 4.9 heated 5 wire O2 sensor). They have a US online shop and I also know where to get them from UK but it appears to be WAY more from UK. Was going to order from US but don't know how customs will react. If you get one, order one for me and share the postage!
Only thing that stopped me getting one already is the fitting - don't like the sound of drilling/welding at some correct location on exhaust for sensor. Wonder if any traders here know how to do it for good price... :thumbsup:

Back