best paint for polyurthane lip spoilers?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So I originally painted it with half words primer and satin black but clipped it on the kerb and it flexed a bit. Now paint is flaking off all over it too it off this evening need to strip l the paint off it and start again. Is there any special paint to use for these flexible plastic lips or was it just another shitty purchase from halfrauds?

no laquer, just sanded, 2 coats of undercoat sanding in between, then 2 coats of satin black with sanding. i didnt really want a shiny laquer finish to it. more of a matt/satin finish

Sand it clean it
1 coat of plastic primer
Undercoat
Sand and top coat in what ever colour
If it's gonna have to be flexible ya can get rubberiser additive that will leave your paint less likely to crac this will need to go into the undercoat too
Also there's a matting agent to take the gloss outa laquer

thanks for the tips, how would you get the rubberised additive into the paint though as most of the cans are aerosols. I might just use the plastic primer and use that plastidip paint so it has a bit more flex, im not sure what kind of primer i used first time. Whats the best stuff to remove the paint thats on it now? Its flaking off a lot and you would be there all day trying to sand it smooth!

Back