Toluene????

goosie208

Petrolheads
anyone every use this? i know alot of the Rallyists use it in their cars, as you can smell it when they wizz by

i was just thinking about using it to bump the octane for when i want to rag the balls off the car, the upcoming track day for instance :dance:

Meth seems to be the common booster these days, is there a reason for this? better, safer etc?

my main concern is that our friendly neighbourhood mapper seems to not rate E5 very highly, which concerns me, being on my second engine, and no money or intention to map it to E5 or 95

just thinking out loud really

keep the RON higher, OE ECU is set for 99/100 RON and also has a higher Comp ratio

iv been told E5 is more like a 97 RON fuel, much like BP Ulitmate 97 is more like a 95 and therefor a killer for the scooblydoos

im sure hes told you the same thing

Toluene is nasty stuff. Stay as far away as possible.
Toxic to blood, kidneys, the nervous system, liver, brain, central nervous system and is absorbed through the skin. Cracks your skin on contact as it displaces moisture. You can lose the ability to smell it if you get over exposed. :naughty:

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927301

Just map for E5 as it's the best we have.The problem occurs when you use lesser fuel than your car is mapped for,as you know. Good luck, :thumbsup:

Toulene is scary stuff!! Wouldn't fancy handling it or even travelling in the car with it on a daily basis. Alright for rally lads who have the proper safety gear, full fireproofs etc, but would be dodgy enough you pulling into the petrol station with the wife beater on and a bottle of toulene in the hand ready to go everywhere.

Would you not get methanol or ethanol instead? Both alcohols so at least the worst that'll happen is that you'll get a really bad hangover :icon_pidu:

Can you get toulene locally? Because I'm sure shipping would be mental money as well.

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=35538.msg407594#msg407594 date=1346607726]
keep the RON higher, OE ECU is set for 99/100 RON and also has a higher Comp ratio

iv been told E5 is more like a 97 RON fuel, much like BP Ulitmate 97 is more like a 95 and therefor a killer for the scooblydoos

im sure hes told you the same thing

[/quote]

who told what? e5 similar to BP Ultimate yes. But if you cannot afford
a map date at the the moment then no point chatting about toluene.

Back