anyone on here in dublin area fit a motherboard to my laptop for me?

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
have been debating weather or not to just buy a new laptop my hp elitebook 6930p has developed some problems lately,one been the screen flickers and i reduced the screen resolution and this helped for a few months now it doing it again if i open and close the laptop it appears to help so could be the video cable lose or the start of the video card packing in but then i also have another prioblem with the usb ports sometimes when i connect devices via the usb the laptop shuts down or when removed it does the same not all the time but occasional so that may be a motherboard problem either way i think the motherboard needs to be replaced and anywhere i contact said youi would be better off with a new one due to the costs of the repair which is fair enough but tonight i stumbled accross motherboards to suit my laptop on ebay that come with 30 warrenty from when i recieve them and and are tested and working 100% cost would be 40 dollars plus around the same for shipping plus import tax maybe 20euro,ive contacted the seller seems genuine and not on the hard sell and was helpfull so what you think guys give it a shot at a cost of say 100 for parts plus the labour to fit them...so how much would it be to get motherboard fitted can anyone on here in the dublin area do it for me?iss it worth a shot or fork out 500 odd for a new one?

personally I'd scrap it - there sounds like other issues going on there. You will also have to reseat the CPU, potentially GPU (if its not onboard) onto the new motherboard. The Harddisk and ram will be straight forward enough. The monitor/LCD will be connected via a ribbon cable to the motherboard. Perhaps the problems are related to the LCD moreso than the motherboard.

I did a quick check on google, and suggestions are to turn off the ambient light sensor with fn-f11 , however if possible I'd also plug the machine into an external monitor, perhaps you have an LCD tv ? you would be able to connect the laptop to that, and if the picture is perfect, I'd be guessing the LCD is on its last legs.

its more than likely the ribbon/connector from screen to motherboard, you could go through the hassle of swappint the whole motherboard only to have the same issue still

ok so if fixing is not an option what should i go for with a buget of 500e,i only use it for emails,surfing the web,forums some downloading,watching films online usuall run of the mill stuff...see harvey normans doing a sony vaio i3 for 550 they any use??

i can have a look at it if you want to drop it over to me, failing that i bought the missus a samsung laptop a few months back for 500 euro, 2nd gen i3 processor, 4 gb of ram all the usuals and is fine for her. anything with the newer i3 core is decent in that range.

thanks dan im sorted will update tread when i know more but if anyone has any suggestions for good deals on laptops and brands to go for or what to look for in one post here plz

Back