computer repair

bandriszal

Petrolheads
Could You recommend someone is good with hardware problems?
Have a Lenovo ideacentre all in one only 1,5 years old and it's f...d up.
Took it the local expert but couldn't fix it. They Had a guess what the problem is but not sure.
THX in advance!

I am based in Athlone but wouldn't mind bringing it as far as Dublin if someone can fix it.

I was on 2 weeks holiday in June. Turned on after 2 weeks off and after about 5-10 minutes it's gone off. Just the "no signal" message on screen for few seconds. Could turn on and sometimes stays on for 15 mins but sometimes goes off before booting in.
Took it to the service ( tough it's something with the fan) and after checking it They said the motherboard is faulty. Even if They can source an other one it might not be worth.
Took it home and cleaned the fan with small compressor.And it was working perfect until 2 days ago
when same story started again.
An other symptom ( I didn't think was important) is that when computer is on but not in use the wallpaper image used to have vertical lines which disappear as I start using computer again.
:dontknow: :icon_hang:

sounds similar to Al's problem could be damaged ribbon between lcd screen and motherboard if you tilt or apply pressure along anywhere of the bottom of the screen does it get better or worse? usually in the corners. laptops are easy to fix once you know how to take them apart and get the right replacement parts, just a lot of stuff you can break in the process!

But this isn't a laptop. It's :beerbang: an all in one desktop. The main problem is not the screen (don't know if they related) . It's going off just like power cut off.

Did u sort it out?

I'd say it could be:
Power Supply (PSU)
Graphics card (or a connection)
Heat problems (but you said you did a good clean on it so kind of 'a fix')
RAM (especially if Graphics integrated/onboard)
Motherboard

Easiest (and cheapest) - swap a new/spare PSU and see how it goes. Same with Graphics - check what is inside, ask around, someone has a spare one for sure. If it's integrated/onboard one - same trick, just put external one inside, disable on board from BIOS and Try.

The last bit - motherboard is probably hardest to test... but after testing all other possibilities - Motherboard is the answer.

Hope it was sorted for you :thumbsup:

Thanks for asking Notorius!

I got it sorted. Gave it to a friend in Dublin He knows a few things about computers.
First He said He might be able to add a new USB port if removing the TV tuner but after checking everything it turned out it was only software issue.
Solution was to remove HDD , format reinstall windows but only pre install and complete instalation after refitting into My computer.
Since then working 100%

Back