Which tyres

joe watson

Petrolheads
Well lads need to put tyres badly on the diesel astra so was given a few makes to choose from and they are the Hankook k110 and Yokohama Ac01 and the Good Year F1 so which of these would you think are the best

goodyear eagle f1 is what i'd go for have 2 on the front of the wagon the ones with the v groves. 116 a corner 215/45/17 :thumbsup:

Not normally a BFG man but i put two on the front of the sti and i have to say the grip from them is savage,
great in the dry and brilliant in the wet believe it or not :thumbsup:

major price difference between f1's and the bf's too.

bf's and wet been good together ?

remember having a set on a pug and swore never again , pure ditch finders , back then anyway!

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=35434.msg406452#msg406452 date=1345660423]
bf's and wet been good together ?

remember having a set on a pug and swore never again , pure ditch finders , back then anyway!
[/quote]

Thats not what ya told me :ponder2:

Put it this way, i had no understeer on a roundabout in the WET last weekend where normally i would have a touch with any of the previous makes!

Now by no means was i trying for a qualifying lap,

but it was quick enough that once i shot out my chosen exit i had a chat to myself :ponder: and we both came to the same conclusion :icon_omg:

which was "WOW no understeer, i likey" :cool:

i found the bf's good in the dry but woefull in the wet , i actually prefered the cheap ass Nankangs in the wet lol ,

these conversations and conclusions that you yourself and the other lad are having lately are becoming worrying

I know I've been abused on here before for saying this... Mainly by a certain Brian fella.. But id BF's on my STI and was shocked at how good they where over F1's on a previous Impreza. Both wet and dry!

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=35434.msg406498#msg406498 date=1345709394]
bfg's, bf 's :ponder2: :ponder: :dontknow:. pardon the dumbness but what are yous referring to !
[/quote]

:icon_grin: :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

BF Goodrich tyres :thumbsup:

Although I can't speak from personal experience they've never performed particularly well in any tyre test that I've read.

[quote author=Nic Spec C link=topic=35434.msg406455#msg406455 date=1345664269]
Put it this way, i had no understeer on a roundabout in the WET last weekend where normally i would have a touch with any of the previous makes!

Now by no means was i trying for a qualifying lap,

but it was quick enough that once i shot out my chosen exit i had a chat to myself :ponder: and we both came to the same conclusion :icon_omg:

which was "WOW no understeer, i likey" :cool:
[/quote]

Don't forget you've had a set of coilovers installed since you last had any real meat left on a set of tyres...thats gonna be making a huge difference

Yeah the good year Wud be nearly to good for the astra but its the wife tat drives it and she has Amy in it as well so want to put on something decent. Wat do yous think of the Hankook or the Yokohama tat i mentioned. Hope to get something tis evenin

whats the differance in price joe thats usually the deciding factor. If there all the same i.d go the f1 depending on price

Have a set of hankook's on the womans's fiesta as I wanted something good that wasn't gonna break the bank. I drive the car pretty regular and they are grand, don't know what they'd be like around the twisties but they good enough to handle anything she can throw at them.

Well the sterling is bad at moment so Leavin the tyres dearer than i first thought. The Hankook k110 are workin out at 105 and the Yokohama are 125 and the good year i think are round the 130 Mark and i have a Vat number got so shud be ok. Thinkin of The Yokohama to be honest but the Hankook are supposed to be a good tyre as well

With a fiver in the difference Joe, go for the f1's out of the 2 or else save yourself e100 and get the hankooks.

Thanks for all the help lads. Went down this evening and was going to try the hankook but were all sold out so went for the yokohama instead and they are supposed to be great in the wet so see how they go and got the steering linement done as well.

Back