rubbing arches

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
the front arches on the legacy are rubbing on minor bumps and on some corners and its really annoying but also damaging the front arches . iv tried 2 sets of wheels 215/45/17 and the 205/ 50 /16 at its all the same . are the shocks fooked or can the camber be adjusted in on the top to clear the arch ,or will this wear the tyres badly .

Joe you may need say 215/40/16 or 17 im having the same issue with the 2 tyres i got last week they are 215/45/17 and rub the archs on bumps my 215/40/17 on the back dont.
I will be buying new 215/40/17 all round before the track day.
When i bought my car it had 215/45/17 all round and they rubbed with very little weight in the car.

have ya the car lowered joe, any wheels ive had on the legacy were et48 with 215/45 17 and never had any rubbing....

no its not lowered johnny the suspension seems very soft to be honest and its only about 40mm from thr front wings to the tyre :ponder2:mabey the shocks are gone

the front looks a bit low alright joe, when i bought the rs it had the standard legacy shocks and springs on it and the tyre to arch gap was huge(about 5 inches :eek7:) i changed to the standard wrx setup and the gap is about 2 inches now and never any rubbing even with bodies in the back and spirited driving on back roads....are they 16 or 17's in that pic?

Is the rubbing on the wing rim or further inside?
If its on the wing rim, a slight camber adjustment might be enough to solve it
That's not standard height suspension unless the springs and shocks are sagging???

there 17" in the photo johnny but the 16" ones are the same . its just the lip on the wing on the edge of the tyre will get a photo up after it will show it better

Back