exhaust bung / silincer

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
IF a lad was getting fed up of the noise and fancied trying a bung/silincer ,to travel slightly faster while being more discreet :whistle:

1 do they affect the flow of exit-ing gases or the llikes ,
2 any differ in performance .back pressure/ lag
3 any info i should know

would possibly like to try one to see , any offers :pray:, maybe at the bbq :dontknow:

cheers

As far as I know my bung would fit your back box exactly!
Your welcome to try it and see the difference!
When I have it in its cause I'm not in any hurry or driving hard! So only notice a difference in noise levels tbh

I've heard then can shorten the life of your turbo as the mess with the back pressure.. Not sure how true this is though.

cheers hammie , that would be great , you heading to bbq ??

jamie , thats what i feared but i presume this may be on how you drive it , like hammie said taking it easy would result in less pressure being built up . :dontknow:

Is there some exhausts that have a switch/lever that opens and closes the back box.

Can't remember where i saw one, pretty cool though.

Handy for driving round town, then open it up on the road.

would you not consider half year membership to avail of such events ! €30 i think . think of the burgers !!!! mmmmm

seems to be a good list going and if previous years are anything to go by , great family day , and well worth it . twas only the weekend gone we were subbed for go karting meaning we got three 15 min sessions for €30 , on one of the best tracks in the land imo .

havent paid up this year due to money being tight!!!!
Know its only 30 quid and it would be quickly recouped after 1 or 2 meets, but cant justify it to myself at the min due to being out of work due to injury etc at the min!!!!!

I fitted 1 recently as exhaust was just too loud. Bought it on d net 4 30 quid.Its definitely quieter nd i can hear d engine now not just d exhaust. I reckon dat power is prob down slightly tho :sad: Am goin 2 d bbq so give u a look nd listen there :thumbsup:

totally understandable hammie . hope ur feelin better .

yeah axel , might just do that , cheers

Back