bleeding brakes

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
as above i changed the rear brakes to 2 pots i also removed the front 4 pots for a paint while the system was being opened on the legacy . now after putting it all back and bleeding the system i cant get a solid pedal even a bleeding a liter of new fluid through the system .now i done brakes and bleed them loads of times before and never a problem anyone any ideas .

also i had the car started when doing this and no joy so i left it off and bleed them just to see but still no difference.

You probbaly have air trapped in around engine bay,
You have probaly emptied the system of fluid completely, Do the normal bleeding procedure and crack open all the pipes one by one in engine bay, where ever there is a nut

When fitting the front calipers, did you make sure the bleeding nipples are at the top of the caliper?
It's easy to make this error when fitting them, the caliper will never fill with fluid and the air will never fully escape then.

When bleeding the brakes in Subaru, did you start with the front wheel first just like in the diagram below?

airbleeding.jpg

cheers lads the bleed nipples are at the top on the front 4 pots but on the bottom on the rear 2 pots is this my problem :ponder:

Never bled brakes that way, always started with furthest away from servo working your way to closest.
so passenger rear... driver rear... passenger front and finally driver front

I'd say the rears are causing your problem Joe... Bleed nipples should be at top as mentioned or you'll have trapped air.

If the bleed nipples are on the bottom you cannot bleed the brakes... if you think about it.. it just cant be done, air rises, your rears are airlocked.

:hammerhead: cheers lads karma for ye all a made the rookie mistake of putting the calipers on the wrong side stupid mistake to make when i look at it now but all sorted now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: took it for a quick blast and there working good :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: thanks again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=35337.msg405480#msg405480 date=1344714945]
cheers lads the bleed nipples are at the top on the front 4 pots but on the bottom on the rear 2 pots is this my problem :ponder:
[/quote]joe nipples should always point up glad your sorted if you need it bled properly i have an air pressure bleeding system in work it will leave no air anywhere if ya want to spin down to me ,if not just bleed normally once calipers are right position

:icon_grin: :icon_grin: ye that's why granny's don't get there nipples pierced .cos they'll catch in there toe's when there walking :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Back