wheel vibrations...

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
ok im a bit puzzled as to why im still getting light vibrations (feels like unbalanced wheel) in the front when doing over 120klm...I just got new tyres and wheel alignment and balanced and still there? replaces front bushes and links and tierods a few months ago..any ideas what else it could be? this only started about two weeks ago when I hit a pothole...wasnt the worst ive ever hit but the car isnt right since, If it was a buckle wouldnt the lads see it when they were balancing???its a 01 legacy b4!

mine started the same last week, turned out to be a cracked brake disc, might be worth a quick look?

But would they not see the buckle when balancing the wheep cus I got a buckle fixed before, I got new discs few months ago so there fine,but I hav a problem wit my front caliper when it getsu hot it starts squealing and when I brake it stops or when it cools down a bit,anyone any ideas wat is causing this cus its annoying?only replaced pads last week

[quote author=Blain link=topic=35312.msg405217#msg405217 date=1344475162]
But would they not see the buckle when balancing the wheep cus I got a buckle fixed before, I got new discs few months ago so there fine,but I hav a problem wit my front caliper when it getsu hot it starts squealing and when I brake it stops or when it cools down a bit,anyone any ideas wat is causing this cus its annoying?only replaced pads last week
[/quote]

From what your saying I reckon a wheel bearing. I had the same, in the end the squeal /scraping got so bad I got a 2nd hand hub and shaft, cured the problem. Or is one of you calipers sticking?

I think there's nearly too many variables to your problem!

Your discs are only a few months old so should be fine but what you discribe as squeaking in brakes could be a Caliper sticking when hot and if it is it can be heating the disc and cause a warp for that to have a vibration!
Could also be a wheel bearing as baz says!

You also say you could have a buckled wheel that could cause it!

Long made short you really need someone to look at it for you!

found out the brake problem today, one of the wee pistons on the brake bracket it seized and was causing the noise,as for the vibrations I could go to a place close to me and get it checked with a pro that fixes buckles or try swapping front wheels with the back and see wat happens?? would it be a good idea?? Also I need one of those brackets now thats not seized!!! anyone on here have any of where will i get one close to cavan for a 01 legacy. Thanks.

Back