Clocks swap

careyn5

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads, where is the memory for the odometer stored on a 00 B4? thinking of changing the clocks but still want to have genuine milleage of car displayed.

Is it only a main dealer who can change this? Any ideas on price?? My fuel gauge is all over the place. Works for a few mins then drops to nothing. Plastic on front of clocks is also cracked, so was gone replace the lot.

I'd say all 00 b4 will be in or I around the same mileage, just get one around the same mileage job done

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=35292.msg405015#msg405015 date=1344342457]
Adds on donedeal for clockers??

Whatever next :eek7:
[/quote]
Maybe some dodgy. But i got it done as the car was in miles when I bought it so I converted it to kms for convenience. Expect to pay no more than 80 bucks.

thanks lads, gona have a look for second hand clocks and see whats available. the plastic screen on mine are cracked, so thats gotta be changed anyway.

What kind of clocks? I have a set of clocks from a 98 legacy. (not the black out style ones, they light up green)

they re the black out style on mine, looking for same again. If the plastic on the front is the same though, might be interested in that.

I replaced both senders with second hand units and still had same problem, checked the senders on the multimeter and they seemed to be fine. when the plastic screen got cracked last weekend (someone with bad aim and a set of keys) i decided i might just try the clocks while i have them out to change screen. Would be happy to even get a lend of a set to test if anyone has spares? if not, is there any way to test fuel gauge while clocks are out???

Back