Mondello Trackday 29th Oct

F

forester sti

Any one heading down??
I'll have the forester and skyline out all day :dance: :dance:
Dan

Jesus you'll be a busy boy driving 2 cars in one go!!
If i've a job by then i'll be there but not lookin so good at the min!
My money's on the forester to do a better lap than the gts-t :thumbsup:

ah Dan, if you want il drive the skyline for you so you can get the most time out of your Forester :thumbsup:

:lol:

The forester manages muck better times than the skyline (she's more fun than fast)
And thanx for the offer lads! :D
If you's are about, you are very welcome to come out for a spin! passenger seat is first come first serve basis!
Can't wait to see what the new brakes are like! :dance:
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=4068.msg42413#msg42413 date=1192980056]
The forester manages muck better times than the skyline (she's more fun than fast)
And thanx for the offer lads! :D
If you's are about, you are very welcome to come out for a spin! passenger seat is first come first serve basis!
Can't wait to see what the new brakes are like! :dance:
Dan

[/quote]

Will hold you to that Dan!!
Sure why not bring the golf up for the day also!!

I had the golf out at a private trackday!
SOOOOOOOOO boring compared to the other two cars!
Grand on the straights and great on the brakes (audi tt 225 brakes) but boring through the bends!
I found myself scandinavion flicking her in to the bends to overcome initial under steer put she pulls straight instantly when you get back on the power(300lb/ft) and then understeers! It's all very safe and predictable!
She doesn't let you left foot brake because the power dies if you have your foot on the throttle and brake at the same time!
And if you use traction control (ESP: electronic stablity program) then as soon as any wheel becomes unsettled she applies brakes to which ever wheel it needs to to regain grip! which is all very clever but it slows you down soooo much :doh:
Basicly she's a great road car for all of the above reasons! eg. when you are on a tight road with little or no space to slide around then the ESP is a life saver! but on track it's a major hinderence!
But with out ESP the car just understeers to easily
If i was going to track it again I'd get camber adjustable front suspension and a seriously tight rear anti roll bar! but she is my work car so I'll leave the track to the skyline and forester!
Dan

might take a spin down that way, seen the vid of u on track , wouldnt mind seeing the live show as she is rather a tasty ship u are piloting , if i don t make it , have a bookin fall !!!

Hello Dan,

I see you down there @ some stage, not going out on the track though  :whistle:

Unless you bring me as passenger  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

sorry to break away from the thread but dan's forrester is mentioned in modified motors :clap: :clap:
fair play dan ur deadly machine deserves the admiration :worship: :thumbsup:

i'll b there all booked in for the full day d prelude is over in finglas at the moment get a make over feel free to drop over and say hello roll on monday

ye dan ill be up the on monday, just watchin, i left to much rubber on the track the last time. im around if you need any help :subaru:

The porsche brakes are bedding in nicely! I'm being gentle with them for the weekend and I'll give her a good roasting on sunday to make sure she's ready for track! If it's a nice day tomorrow i'll take a few pics of her!
I'll start the skyline aswell, hasn't been running since the last trackday! new mintex 1155 pads going in and she'll be ready to roll! :headbanger:
See you's down there!
Dan

No no no!!!!! :noway:
Not in a bad way!!! :pray:
I was fitting the new front pads to the skyline today and I thought I had better check the rear pads for the craic! And sure enough they were nearly down to the metal :shock: so at 12 20 this afternoon I started ringing around all the motor factors in kildare and no one had a set of pads to suit! :cry: finally fergal allen(motor factors in newbridge) rang me and said he had found a set in a neighbouring motor factors for me :thumbsup: But they close at 1pm ( it was now 12.45) so I drove like the wind ( the wind drives fast) from sallins to newbridge and got there in time! So the porsche brakes are well run in and I'll take the skyline out for a "quick" spin tomorrow and they should both be grand!!
Does anyone have gerry cans that they could bring some E5 down to mondello with them??
My wifey usually does petrol runs for me but she's pregnant now and she can't be lifting gerry cans in and out of cars!!
I'd really appreciate any help! I'd need about 60 letres ( on top of the 60 I'm bringing plus the full tank!!!!!)
Dan

Back