mad electric window problem

careyn5

Sunday Drivers
well lads,
my driver electric window seems to have a mind of its own. When I am stopped and i pull the button for the window to go auto up, it reaches the top and then goes back down to half way and stops. the moment the car is moving and i do the same thing, no problems, the window goes right to the top and stays there using the auto up. Its not a big deal just strange. Plus it means i have to be gentle pulling up the switch when stopped. Any ideas lads. its doing my head in :sad:. Car is a 00 legacy b4.

Have you Wind Deflectors installed?

Something obtructing last bit of up?

Limits not working.

nope, no wind deflectors installed and nothing obstructing last bit up. the fact that it works perfectly the moment the car is moving has proven this to me also. as i said its a mad problem :ponder2:. Is their any connection between the speed sensors and the electric windows???

not a bad suggestion, but have tried window with engine off and parked and same problem. Funny though, you've just given me an idea to knock off the engine let it roll and see if it goes all the way up then...

ok, i gave it a try. got the car rolling, knocked off the engine, then turned the ignition back on and tried the auto window up, and no problem. Went up as it should. Just cant figure this out. Soon as i stop, it wont go up and stay up on auto. :angry: Out of interest, Paul, did you ever have any problems with speed sensors on your b4?? Its all i can think of. Is it the only thing that should have a different reading when car is moving or stopped??? seeing as ive ruled out any engine sensors.

never had a prob with speed sensors couldnt work out why it was doing it but same as you i had to bring it up gently and usually stop bout a mill before it was shut but it didnt do it all the time

definately a strange one. i dont even know where to begin to fix it. need someone who's handy with electric windows

Back