need advice

jaskin71

Sunday Drivers
hi all, need some help of you who know everything about scoobies. was 4 weeks :icon_biggrin: on hol. when get back i did fix few bits on her. took her for spin and parked her up for next two weeks ( no money for petrol and tax after hol :new_puppy_dog_eyes: :icon_cry: )
make it short jst tried her started few mins ago and engine wont start at all :icon_hang: ! i got startin cables of my friend, contacted them with my second car and tried started her again. Nothing! can see all light go on but engine without effort. :icon_sad:
what i should check as first pls.
have to drive her after month....... :subaru:
thx jiri

yeah but if i will try to start via cables shouldnt be a problem to start even with bad batery no? :ponder2:

Left mine sitting up for about 6 weeks. Interior light was left on :hammerhead:
New battery sorted.
Have you checked battery leads are tight

:smokin:

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=35176.msg403850#msg403850 date=1343338290]
What few bits did you fix?

Battery could be dead

:smokin:
[/quote]
rear spoiler lights, upgraded speakers, changed few bulbs....

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=35176.msg403864#msg403864 date=1343340429]
You could try battery from other car and see if any joy
[/quote]
will have to take somewhere for borrow. from my second car a6 estate wont fit :hammerhead:
what happen if ill take her on tow rope? :ponder2:

Battery needed as said or stick it on a trickle charger to try and revive it. If its dead as a doornail, jumper cables won't help.

As long as all 4 wheels are on the road, you'd be ok gearbox/diff wise. But only tow it if you have one of those extender bars, not a rope. If you can't start it, the abs will have no power and not sure if the brakes will work????

so lads, no result still here. got a strongest jumper cables - nothing, got a new battery from my mate and surprisingly nothing :dontknow: :dontknow:
somebody mentioned immobiliser :ponder2: what should check next. immobiliser flashing on dashboard, when key turns on stop flashing, when trying start her nothing happen! :dontknow:
pls any advice? :new_puppy_dog_eyes:
thx jiri

so you took out the old battery and put in a new one and all the dash light are coming on bet it wont turn over is there a clicking noise or something . your sure its a good battery

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=35176.msg404075#msg404075 date=1343565750]
so you took out the old battery and put in a new one and all the dash light are coming on bet it wont turn over is there a clicking noise or something . your sure its a good battery
[/quote
lights came on but not a clicking noise.nothing.battery is few weeks old. bosh 64 aph afaik.
cant contact previous owner if he knows about some trick with immobiliser ffs :icon_hang:

Have you blown a fuse while messing at wires? not really clear if the car is turning over or not???? could be ecu fuse etc etc

My guess is the immobiliser has kicked in.

Option would be to disconnect everything.

Leave for a few minutes, reconnect good battery, then put in key, turn to start.(but don't, leave with all the lights on)

Leave for 20 seconds, turn it off. Then try starting.

Worked on the Fathers Volvo a few years back. Car had "forgotten" the key.

Did the job.

If still no joy i've managed to by-pass two previous immobilsers issues on cars that i've owned.

Could email you the details if you like.

hi all, thx a million for all your help here. :thumbsup: was trying messed with alarm a bit. she didnt respond at all so that looked like immobilizer jst bloked to start. because my alarm has funkcion turbo timer build in i focused there. :hammerhead:
after i changed battery in remote control i locked up her from inside and unlocked and i heard small click from steering wheel area and thats it :dance:
heve not idea how this yokes working but low battery in remote :shock2: :cuckoo: was my three days job :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
thx again jiri :afro:

Back