Tracking

gojonnyjo

Middle Lane Hogs
Now 6 months ago I would have said that Donnellys would be the people to go to, now I aint so sure, I put a set of bridgestone e070 as you can read from an earlier thread and got Donnellys to check the tracking and alignment, that was in April, got a print out an all showing what was out and what corrections were made. Now this is where it gets tricky, the car seemed to tramline a lot but i was told by different people and places and on here  :evil: that it was the tyres as the particular type of tyre i fitted is prone to it.
I was going to rotate my tyres from the front to the back as i do every 6 months on Wednesday, took the front drivers side wheel off and fookin ****e me self  :doh:, (sorry for the lingo but as u read on it will become clear.) the inside edge of the tyre was gone, zip, nada, fookin canvas. now i paid 100 quid a corner and 40 quid for alignment when I got these fitted, I only covered 4500 miles on them. So i thought wot the fook is going on, this aint right, and boy was the tracking out, Donnellys again, 2 new tyres, tried to tell me that I must have kerbed my wheels, funny thing though, I aint got a fookin mark on my wheels, total mint, and some how I think I would know,  now that it has been done again the car does not tram line any , so much for the tips lads  :ponder: ,o so that tale of the tyres will tramline is a load of fookin bollocks cuz now that the cars been done right this time the things steers and straight lines sweet. To prove a point I went my normal route to work, cuz the car used to tramline like a bitch on it, guess what, it bloody dont anymore, sorry guys, but donnellys is getting a very bad rep up here, between cars not done right, my tyres fooked cuz someone doesnt know whit the hell they are doing and a few other indiscretions I surely will not be going back.
so the jist of it guys is all scoobys have to be 4 wheel aligned and tracked, and for fook sake bring it to someone who knows what they are doing, one things for sure, I would not like to be Donnellys if I have to go back to them with same problem. Not that I will be gettin any work carried out by them again, didnt even get any discount.

And YES I AM FOOKIN :angry: :shoot: :evil:

Hello Jonny,

I had a set of ROE 70's on my spec-c. They are a great tyre in the dry, but in the cold a bit slippery. You can live with this as in the dry they are second to none  :thumbsup:

I had covered 11k Miles in them and the only signs of wear was a little bit of thread missing on the outsides (dry pattern side), so your issue in relation to tracking seems to be correct, supported by the fact that you only got 4.5K miles from them & your wear issue was in the inside  :doh:

One thing to note about the ROE 70's is that the tend to "tram-line" worse as they wear down, so this should have been expected, with the wear you were experiencing. This has been reported by numerous owners. But @ 4.5k miles this should not been happening  :(

The ROE 70 is a great tyre, but very expensive at about €140 a corner. With this type of money being spent on each tyre you would expect fantastic grip (which you get in the dry, along with a reasonable mileage return)  :thumbsup:

It seems to me that you have been set up incorrectly from fitment, as wear on all four insides is not to be expected from kerbing (this would normally be expected from the kerbed wheel)  :ponder:

I have used Advance tyres to track some of my cars before and have always found them to do a top job. They will even track your car to your own spec if you have special settings  :thumbsup:

I know the above will not help you out, but I hope it lets you know that 4.5k miles is not acceptable with wear on the inside. My advise to you is to keep with the ROE 70's. But as you have said, get someone who is competent to track them  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Where are ye getting tyres for €100-€140, i got quoted 200 notes for bridgestones last year and was just quoted €160 for F1s

me and p1alan got a deal on f1's a few weeks ago 125e each fitted and balanced,both of us got 4 tyres though
it was a place in ballycoolin ind est in blanchardstown

good year eagle F1's 80 quid sterling fitted, had them on before, didnt like them, didnt last, but then again I drive her like she was stole

[quote author=isb4 link=topic=4057.msg42899#msg42899 date=1193350847]
me and p1alan got a deal on f1's a few weeks ago 125e each fitted and balanced,both of us got 4 tyres though
it was a place in ballycoolin ind est in blanchardstown
[/quote]

Was it Haughton & Sons?

Back