Changing crank pulley

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So i stuck a light weight crank pulley on mine when i was getting the engine rebuilt, thinking it was a good idea, but seeing now i have a light weight crank pulley and light weight flywheel there is just too much inertia lost and car can be quite annoying to driving in stop/start traffic as a result. Is it easy enough to remove the pulley? Gong to put the standard one back on as it should improve drivability in low revs, low speed situations. Method i have is to park up the car put in 5th gear with handbrake up, remove ancillary belts, and use a socket on a breaker bar to crack off the nut. Sounds good? Any other tips or tricks for swapping it out?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=35138.msg403343#msg403343 date=1343077217]
Pulley wont solve your problem
[/quote]

it wasnt like that before the pulley went on so i guess it is the problem

@ Blitzer ill let you know when it comes off. :)

Its really hard for me to believe the pulley on its own would have made so much difference you would notice...

Are u sure u had the same lightened flywheel before? A Flywheel would make a difference...

Instead of the handbrake I would ask somebody to stamp on the brakes, 5th gear, a long breaker bar and off you go... ;)

Then don't forget to torque it back to the right spec. 127 Nm on 2.2 and 177NM on 2.5 as far as I remember.

same flywheel that was on before, from what i have read it can be a common problem with certain light weight flywheels and light weight crank pulleys

Back