When do you need to upgrade the fuel pressure regulator

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Im throwing together a list of parts fot the next upgrade and while going with larger injectors and fuel pump is there a need to add a fuel pressure regulator and parallel fuel rails kit? Turbo ill end up running will be similar to the scoobyclinic SC42 so just want to make sure i have sufficient fuel deliver safety and hardware to support this turbo

I've had the same concerns a few months ago.
I did a bit of research on scoobynet and 22b, especially the latter, where the most knowledgable folks are usually on.

Going parallel is good, but not necessary if you're aiming for up to 450bhp.It may be more useful going above that, however Some guys were running 550bhp on standard setup and didn't have issues.
Usually going parallel means automatically using the aftermarket FPR.
Using the adjustable FPR will give u a better control over the fuel pressure and in case u want to max out your existing small injectors. Some kind of getting them flow above their original 100% capacity.

It's really up to you.
I was advised to leave standard fuel lines setup alone,as its good enough for my needs (the 3rd cylinder running lean problem is most likely showing up at higher levels of power) and spending lots of €€€ on braided lines and fittings was not necessary.
I installed Fuelab FPR because I had it already purchased. No regrets. It's running on 3 bar of fuel pressure on idle now so a bit over.. (stock is around 2.8)

so the only negatives of fitting the FPR and parallele rails is the cost? Better safe than sorry :)

Dan you could always convert your rails to parrallel, be handuy if you had a 2nd set, what rails are actually on that odd ball Legacy :1poke: :icon_nana: would Phase 2 classic be the same??

i actually do have a spare set of rails Ken, not sure what rails are on them. I have them in my spare parts stash in work. How would you go about converting them? not sure its a part i'd like to be doing a DIY conversion on though!

Get -6 male fittings welded/ braised onto each end of rail.
Some just cut the the hardlines and plumb them up parrallel. I wouldnt like doing this do.

Isn't it better just to get JAW billet fuel rails?
They seem to have been used very often in big power builds?

Back