Dash Noise

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Everybody I really need your help I am the proud owner of a jap import Subaru Legacy GT Turbo 2004 I love this car and the only thing that kills me is a dash rattle at the passenger door it sounds like glass cliking can anybody help Many Thanks

welcome along john get some pics up of your motor if you can...as for the rattle cant say sorry

hi there!

I would imagine some1 could help u with the rattle. If it sounds like glass do u know if the door glass has ever been smashed? If it has mayb some shars have gont in ur air vents and could b rattlin. Only a thought I dont really know wat i'm talkin about LOL

i had a dash rattle for ages and it just turned out to be the boost control box that was double taped on. Try any add ons like hands free, radar detector or gun rack.

its the frame that holds the winder mechanism inside the door, one of the bolts sometimes comes loose, happened to the buddys wrx just pop off the interior trim and retighten.

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=4047.msg42172#msg42172 date=1192779189]
i had a dash rattle for ages and it just turned out to be the boost control box that was double taped on. Try any add ons like hands free, radar detector or gun rack.
[/quote]

Gun rack? You living in the deep south USA?

Hope you sort your problem johnjoe - Everything rattles in my car, but exhaust is loud enough to drown it all out :thumbsup:

I will have new exhaust on wed I hope, a guy at Dunlaoghaire Motor Works is making a custom one for my B4

Back