The next stage

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So just wondering what to do next with my legacy. I been doing some online research the last few weeks while i was off work and came up with the following

Parts i came up with so far:
Blouch Dominator 1.5 XTR twinscroll
Turboxs FMIC
850cc approx DeatschWerks /ID injectors
DeatschWerks 65C fuel pump

I can sell my vf36 and some other parts to fund the project but should be good when finished.

Optional(wish list!)
6 Speed conversion(depending on how current box holds up)

I still need to find which is the best gearbox option to go for as there is 6 speed box in some 3.0 Legacy's which might be easier to convert and be as good as the sti impreza ones. Is there anyway to get the DCCD stuff working with a conversion or does that require replacing ecu and other stuff aswell. I need to research this a bit more. If you do kill the gearbox is it just the gearbox that will get damaged or is there is any potential to cause engine damage too?

I think after all of the above i should be happy with it!

Is there ay other supporting mods i need to consider that i havent mentioned? Ill be keeping the car for another few years i think so might aswell have a bit more fun with it!

Neetronics do a range of DCCD CONTROLLERS, Designed for your exact situation, they do a basic controller and also more hi tech ones, ...
You may hit problems with your hubs, im not sure if they will take the 6spd shafts or not..
Also im not sure where your AFM will become a problem and you MAY need a mafless setup.
6psd conversion.. 2k.. Clutch 500+....turbo 1500... ecu 1200+....injectors, pump , intercooler @ 1000+.... And on and on, you see where this is going? :)

Sure i better spend it before she does Ken! What would i need new ecu for? I have seen guys doing the conversion and keeping the standard hubs, maybe just different drive shafts. Ill need to dig more into which one is best but it will be last on the list. Few US guys running the blouch turbos with standard size MAF setup.

whats the difference between a dccd and non dccd 6 speed? just the extra adjustability of the dccd settings?

There is a guy in Uk thats running a monster of a legacy same shape as mine(estate) he has done a 6 speed conversion amongst other mods, which involved shortening and balancing standard drive shaft, 6 speed gearbox and diff and different mounting bracket. Im trying to find out which box he went for. He is putting down about 550bhp with his with GT30 turbo. not looking for that much power but if i can use similar gearbox setup it might be good option.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=35048.msg402265#msg402265 date=1342216342]
Be more then 2k for dccd 6 speed conversion imo
[/quote]

aH But i didnt say 2k for a 6SPD DCCD conversion :icon_grin:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=35048.msg402271#msg402271 date=1342218981]
[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=35048.msg402265#msg402265 date=1342216342]
Be more then 2k for dccd 6 speed conversion imo
[/quote]

aH But i didnt say 2k for a 6SPD DCCD conversion :icon_grin:

[/quote]

Ah ha ah ha doubles jacks no comebacks ha

seems like the 6 speed box from the 3.0 spec b legacy's might be a good option, probably the least amount of work to get in. Not sure if the whole dccd thing is worth it?

with the list of parts and prices Ken posted up can you really justify sinking that money into the leggy Dan ,
the leggy is a lovely car but id be thinking weekend toy for the fun and leave the leggy in its current guise as a massively useable everyday motor , just a thought :thumbsup:

yes i is an extensive list all in but will probably only look at the 6 speed conversion if im having trouble with the 5 speed one. No room for a second car as i live in an apartment block with limited park but then you have the associated costs with that too, storage, tax, insurance, service/running costs of that etc

Back