weird problem in my bug

k-jones-087

Sunday Drivers
my engine light came on in my 01 bug wrx and when i plugged in to check fault code it showed up 02 sensor bank1 sensor1, It was over 400euro from subaru so i got it from uk company that sell original denso sensor that has same part number of the sensor that came out. Fitted the sensor,deleted error and test drove,all ok for about 15 miles then light came back on again. Plugged in again and it showed up same fault and also exhaust temp sensor. The weird part is my emmisions are perfect,low idle and high idle have perfect readings :ponder2: It seems to be driving fine, :dontknow:

Could be the wrong sensor. AFAIK Subaru o2 sensors have a thermostat in the middle of them. Something like one sensor has 3 wires and the other has 4, can't remember. So if the therm is gone, it'll throw the code. That's what happened my old TS anyway.

well the new sensor i fitted was exactly the same as the one i took out,same part number etc. I checked all 4 wires with voltmeter,all seem ok except blue signal wire,it just stays at 3.82volts and dosent switch. Had a look at ecu and found it had been removed before,only had 2 screws on cover instead of 4,did'nt look like original :ponder: Im thinking someone has programmed ecu to make car run lean :ponder2: I think il try fit another ecu and see what happens, im sure then il have to code the keys. This prob is a pure headace

No course not.

Replacing an ecu and a dealer to reprogramme keys certainly sounds like the correct course to be on for an 02 sensor issue

[quote author=k-jones-087 link=topic=34997.msg403833#msg403833 date=1343336211]
ya,sure your such an expert you have to get a guy from the uk to map your cars :multijump:
[/quote]

We spec and build them. A mapper is a specialized field. So absolutely we get best in business to finish the ecu management.

Sorry have i missed your point?? As seems quite a stupid response.

Because i didnt call you regards picking up a gearbox within a timeframe suited yourself.

Thats pretty pathetic.

I,ll await your next equally stupid response.

no dave whats pathetic is your nonsince comment at the top of the page, you started throwing crap so you must be able to take it, at the time which was months ago of our mixup i told you it wasnt worth falling out over it,but oviously you hold big grudges over small things,bit sad really if you ask me.

[quote author=k-jones-087 link=topic=34997.msg403844#msg403844 date=1343337205]
no dave whats pathetic is your nonsince comment at the top of the page, you started throwing crap so you must be able to take it, at the time which was months ago of our mixup i told you it wasnt worth falling out over it,but oviously you hold big grudges over small things,bit sad really if you ask me.
[/quote]

Absolutely not.

The first bit of agro i think you will find was your posts above.

The path for resolution you are on for bank1 sensor1 is on the wrong path.

How nicely do you want me to dress it up?

Trying to dis credit my business whilst you have never been through our doors is a little childish imo

Are you looking to sort out the problem or have a keyboard battle with one of the dedicated Subaru traders who knows his stuff or at least knows someone who could help you? Standing on your own toes IMO.

im looking to sort the problem,but if people on this site cant see the ovious person who's wrong then im prob wasting my time :angry1:

If that's the case then we're all wrong and you can sort it yourself and didn't need to ask for our help in the 1st place.

Just swallow your pride and go out and to Dave and see if he can help sort it.

You didnt say was the sensor you got a direct plug in or a snip and wire?

The exhaust temp sensor is seperare and in your uppipe. Although dont fail too often. But of course can.

Has the wiring on the car side of loom ever been tampered with?

If not and wiring is as it should and was not an issue as in you have the car a few months and light was off then imo would be to replace with the original sensor from Subaru. Yes its expensive but it works first time and sorts the issue. Buying these sensors of ebay and the likes always has these results. Plenty of threads in here with the same issues and same results.

Also you say you reset the ecu.

Was this with a diagnostic computer. If so what was the live values coming from the new sensor?

the sensor i got was from a uk company which supply original denso sensors etc, i rang them with part number of my oe one and they sent me exact same looking sensor,same denso number. it pluged straight in. my diagnostic tools for some reason wont show the front sensor on live data,they only show the rear one :ponder2:. i checked the 4 wires with votmeter,the 2 black have battery voltage,the white is an earth and the blue is just staying at 3.8v, it sometimes switchs but very slow. then checked emissions and there perfect so had a look at ecu to see if there was water damage or anything,the ecu was loose under cover,had 2 screws missing. dont even know if its original.i suppose id better try geting a wiring diagram. i bought this car with knocking engine so light has always been on.ive rebuilt engine and it seems to be running fine but i dont want to give it boost as i reckon its running very lean :dontknow:

Back