Help please! CEL 13 & 31

Codders

Member Number 162Full ISDC Members 2015
Cel 13 & 31
Hey guys
hope you could help.

So I put my new engine in which I bought from my JP. I know the engine was running fine. I got it complete with harness etc.

Now i drop it in and it doesn't start, throwing codes 13 and 31 which is camshaft sensor and throttle position sensor.

I replaced them both from my old engine which was working fine as well, and after resetting ecu, it threw the same codes...
I gave up and not sure what to check next. I'm quite in a hurry as Simon and I are arranged for mapping in Dublin on Friday..

Help -.-

Wont start if throwing up cam sensor.

You sure you havent got cy2 injector plug and cam plug on wrong way round?

Other is throttle position sensor. Did you remove throttle body or anything?

Good thinking Dave about the injectors. I'm gonna check..
No I didnt remove anything from the intake manifold... All the sensors etc stayed as they were in JPs car. I've swapped it to mine and it's the same so the sensor is ok.
There is slight regulation on the bolts though... How is it supposed to be set up?

And when I'm trying to start it and press the gas pedal the cel goes off for a bit and then comes back

Update: Dave was right. Silly me lol

As an excuse cam plug is black and 1 injector plug black, the other one gray and all next to each other. Easy mistake to make!

The cel has gone as well

Yeah I remember now when I was fitting it 2 weeks ago, that I wasn't sure which plug goes where..

Thanks Dave :thumbsup:

Back