swirl remover???

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
lads do yous know of any good way of removing swirl marks,i used a bit of halfords rubbing compound today to remove some overspray but left some light swirl marks which may or may not have been there before,either way i need them gone,do u need a buffer or what cus ive one i bought in lidl but never used,its a fairly big one,polish alone wont remove...any suggestions???

You probably inflicted the swirls yourself. Did you clean, and clay bar the panel before polishing?

If you did it by hand, then you might be able to remove them by hand, meg's scratch x would be the job for you. but keep working it for a few minutes after it goes clear, don't keep putting fresh blobs on as the abrasives will never break down like that.

Although the easiest way really is to get a rotary polisher to it for a minute.

I cleaned the car alright,I was just going to buy a clay kit which probly would have been better,but I bought this stuff to get rid of overspray etc... http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/s..._productId_170783_langId_-1_categoryId_212459

I done all by hand so they are very light swirls,I have scratch x in the shed that I use for my headlamps,tried on scratches before and no joy watsoever,ill give it a go tomorrow,so it would be no addition to use the lidl polisher its the 90w with 24cm pad!

Dont want 2 Hi jack ur thread blain but is meguairs the best polish out there. After lookin at their site and seen all their polish and which one Wud the best all round one to buy do yous think? Bit confused after readin bout them all

@ joe, lately ive seen sum super finish's with the auto glym "super resin polish" . :dontknow:

also auto glym "hd wax" is pretty good also

Depends what you want from a polish Joe, autoglym SRP is a filler polish so you work it in by hand for a few mins and it will partially fill swirl marks, etc. Also contains some very light abrasives.

Scratch x from meg's is a cutting paste so you need to wok it until your arm falls off to remove swirls. The polish is also designed so that the abrasives break down the more its worked so that from the initial cut, you end up with a refined finish. Might be easier to use on subaru as it has soft paint but the likes of BMW with rock hard laquer, you're pissing in the wind. Fine for small areas but you'd never do a full car.

I'd always use the machine and I prefer using 3M polishes. I have cutting, polishing and refining polishes to various stages and areas of a car but say I would go near the cutting polish on a subaru as it would just chew through the clear coat.

Some good info there lads thanks. I have the autosmart polish and thought it was ok but just wondered if i shud be using any other stuff and i have the autoglm wax at home but just never got using it yet but hopefully soon

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=34876.msg400138#msg400138 date=1340786768]
@ joe, lately ive seen sum super finish's with the auto glym "super resin polish" . :dontknow:

also auto glym "hd wax" is pretty good also
[/quote]

the new super resin is fantastic stuff , no where near as chalky as the old one , and as ross says the hd wax is really good , im strugling to find a decent sealer though , the auto glym just doesnt seem to last imo , so anyone able to point me towards a good sealer ?

I used and tested loads of waxs on my scooby over the years I had it and the best by far was
Meguiars mirror glaze Professional #16 wax.

I have not seen anyone supply it doe since detailer.ie but can be got cheap enough on ebay.

Back