Clutch Master cylinder new or 2nd hand ??

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
I spotted a small weep from the clutch master cylinder today , what are my options ,New or Known good lowish mileage 2nd hand one or is there a rebuild kit available?

Never heard of a rebuild kit.
Id chance 2nd hand once you get to see it, but ive never heard much trouble with them to be fair. Could fit a 6spd one so it would be fresher. Could try auto factors either and get a Blue print one

Thanks Ken I'll ring around a motor factors today, I just want to change it before the Germany trip

Was on to Southside MF he said €190 for Blue print

Checked Import Car parts €188 delivered

Carrol and Roche €277.30 :cuckoo: :icon_omg:

He said they are usually €160 but sti ones are different , despite having the same part number on Import car parts for Uk turbo, import Wrx, Import Sti and 22B

Sweet fu*k that's some price fora blue print one. Go buy 2 second hand one and bring spare with u :)

[quote author=KENC link=topic=34870.msg400193#msg400193 date=1340818497]
Sweet fu*k that's some price fora blue print one. Go buy 2 second hand one and bring spare with u :)
[/quote]

I know mad money , your man turned around and said main dealer should be cheaper and it would be if mine was a wrx :icon_hang:

I have a 2nd hand one sorted for saturday so thats grand. They dont seem to give trouble , never seen thread about them its usually the slave cylinder. I have been keeping a eye on mine its is weeping so best to change it rather than source one in Germany

Yep, hotter she will get the more she will leak. Did you try get a 6spd one? will be fresher

[quote author=KENC link=topic=34870.msg400238#msg400238 date=1340828185]
Yep, hotter she will get the more she will leak. Did you try get a 6spd one? will be fresher
[/quote]I didnt know of any 6 speed ones going.Thought they would have been sold with a 6speed setup :dontknow:

Yea i suppose it might be hard to get a breaker to sell one alright.

Back