chassis number..

C

conor1345

bought a 96 jap import sti ra bout 5 months ago and never got the log book back.im the 3rd irish owner.  it was signed but for some reason he didnt send it off and wont answer fone 2 me now r when i ring from another number he hangs up. anyway in order 2 get a logbook for it now i had 2 fill out a form and get the car inspected by a subaru garage but they reckon the full chassis number isnt on it, only half. wasnt scratched out or removed just isnt there. so im left with a car and no log book and badly need to sell. any advice please.. anyone no where i could get the full chassis number? cheers.

Re: chassis number.. please help.

Find out where he lives and pay him a visit! :angry:

Welcome to the site by the way

cheers for that but i have his address just he not the sort of fella id like 2 visit. is it normal for a jap import 2 have only 9 digits.. like.......... GC8-123456??? should it not b 11 for a jap??

Hello Conor,

I have a similar chassis number on my type-r. GC8 and a few digits. This is the full chassis number I used when ordering parts, so I think it is good. Although short, its also the same chassis number on my VLC  :thumbsup:

Getting a replacement log book / VLC is a bit hard to do when the car is not in your name.

You must do the following:

Fill out a RF-134 (lost Log Book / VLC) Get it signed by a Garda
You need a garage to certify the chassis and reg on the vehicle, with an inspection date etc
Its no harm to put in an extra note in stating the circumstances why the VLC is not available

Send these forms down to the Dept of the Environment in Shannon and they should send you out a new VLC, within a week or so.

I hope this helps  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=conor1345 link=topic=4018.msg41686#msg41686 date=1192552079] is it normal for a jap import 2 have only 9 digits.. like.......... GC8-123456??? should it not b 11 for a jap??[/quote]

That's perfectly normal for a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) car, sounds like your garage don't have any previous experience of imports?

yes gc8-??????

and six digits is the proper chassis number...

pm'd..

cheers boys, thanks for dat! got the pm dave, il give ya a txt!

Back