Handling issue.....

narked

Petrolheads
Im having a problem with the handling of the car under hard accelaration, the car seems to be pulling to the left on me espiacially when i put the power down hard and on gear change it kinda squats back up to the right..... Its not really bad but enuf that i know somethings wrong.

The tyres are the same as ive had before and are all balanced correctly, got it rechecked twice.
Ive had the car tracked on the 4 wheel alignment yoke twice but only a slight improvement..

Any suggestions??? are my bushes or suspension fucked??? :dontknow:

I cant remember hitting anything on the road so im stumped and its driving me fucking insane.... :wall:

what mileage is on it dave cant be enough for ball joints or track rod ends to be worn . what usually wears is anti roll bar bushings and drop links . but that should not cause it to pull to the left when accelerating . so in short i dont know what causing it . tyre pressure :dontknow:

Is there maybe a coil or two broke off a rear spring
Might leave it softer on one side givin the opposite front corner the extra rise with less grip might cause a pull

If you're going to Ciaran to get the timing belt done, get him to have a look at it for you while its in there :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34798.msg399286#msg399286 date=1340137125]
If you're going to Ciaran to get the timing belt done, get him to have a look at it for you while its in there :thumbsup:
[/quote]

+1 on that , sound advice

Ive had similar before with fooked rear shocks, car would literally change direction when you let off throttle.
Hardly be that on a newish car like yours do

Theres 40k on it, car handles fine when cornering... its when you take off and on the power is the problem.

Ive to get the timimg belt done soon so ill get it checked out

Got the timing belt donw today and asked Ciaran to have a look at handling...

diagnosis ,Bushes are fooked... gonna get em done pronto :thumbsup:

in fairness to Ciaran he sourced em today and collecting the car to fit in the morning and drop back to me...top class service !!

Back