most cost effective rwd conversion??

dccd box will still put some power to the front wheels so no use to you if you want full rear wheel drive.

Need to weld the either the front diff, centre diff or both, not sure myself but someone else might confirm :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34783.msg399056#msg399056 date=1339941170]
dccd box will still put some power to the front wheels so no use to you if you want full rear wheel drive.

Need to weld the either the front diff, centre diff or both, not sure myself but someone else might confirm :thumbsup:
[/quote]

ya its full rwd im looking to convert to i was told weld the centre diff and get an sti rear diff but i said id get an expert opinion here before i went looking :)

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=34783.msg399065#msg399065 date=1339942528]
Kit available in japan to do it.
[/quote]

any idea where id go to look for this?

Remove the front shafts and weld the middle diff
You will need to leave the cv in the hub to keep it together and leave the other end in the box just the straight bit has to go
Rear diff would do but a Sti would be better

[quote author=nivek4209 link=topic=34783.msg399067#msg399067 date=1339942781]
Remove the front shafts and weld the middle diff
You will need to leave the cv in the hub to keep it together and leave the other end in the box just the straight bit has to go
Rear diff would do but a Sti would be better
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity surely the car wont go through an nct with this done?

hard to know,

dads rexton went through with no rear drive shaft, he took out coz it was shot, however maybe it passed because it doesnt have to run on 4wd for that, 2wd was maybe enough,

maybe theres a difference in 4wd and AWD in their eyes. :ponder2:

afaik the STI rear diff isnt strong enough for all out RWD action, the lads in F6 squared in the uk blew there STI diff a few times in there RWD blob eye STI, not sure what they put in instead.

im open to correction on this

if you were going to go through the hassle of changing a rear diff then it wouldnt make sense to go STI or anything subaru. go properly and get something that will last like kaaz or cusco and its not a much bigger job to make a rear diff compatible than it is to change one really. do it a fair bit in my s14a, have had numerous rear diffs in it.

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=34783.msg399097#msg399097 date=1339961166]
Is the car for road or track use??
[/quote]

Road use and some track use

Back