exhaust taper

popsy b4

Sunday Drivers
i was due to fit my h&s centre section tonight supposed to be 2 and half inch but it tapers down to 2 inch where it meets the back box

on my nur spec back box and the h & s back box i have the piping is 3 inch and tapers down to 2 and half , surely its a big restriction ? im strongly thinking of returning it

any ideas ??
20120613_192827.jpg

20120613_192837.jpg

Unless you specified to have a full 2.5" without the narrowing, they assume you want standard fitment and supply you a direct replacement for the standard center section. Unless they are feeling extra nice, they'll say they supplied you what you asked for and refuse to take it back.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34748.msg398683#msg398683 date=1339619974]
Unless you specified to have a full 2.5" without the narrowing, they assume you want standard fitment and supply you a direct replacement for the standard center section. Unless they are feeling extra nice, they'll say they supplied you what you asked for and refuse to take it back.
[/quote]

i paid through paypal so will open a dispute if they want to be like that , its complete bollox if u ask me the standard fitment is bigger than 2 inches surely

Nope, its not. Standard pipe is 2.5" which tapers down to 2" where it meets the backbox. The backbox pipe is the 2" and opens to 2.5" going into the muffler.

No idea why but thats the way it is :icon_sad:

fu*k sake i hope this dont get messy now i just got the software for ecu and was going fitting this and mapping asap

if i am having hassle surely an exhaust place could cut where it tapers and weld on 2 and half piping up to the flange ??

i emailed hayward and scott anyway see what they have to say

You could get it cut and have a new piece welded on alright, be a shame though after getting a brand new one.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34748.msg398697#msg398697 date=1339622317]
You could get it cut and have a new piece welded on alright, be a shame though after getting a brand new one.
[/quote]

Would be a lot faster for me ,ill see what they say tmw anyway they might be nice and sort it for me ha

[quote author=popsy b4 link=topic=34748.msg398684#msg398684 date=1339620854]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34748.msg398683#msg398683 date=1339619974]
[/quote]

i paid through paypal so will open a dispute if they want to be like that , its complete bollox if u ask me the standard fitment is bigger than 2 inches surely
[/quote]

Are you serious?????

They supplied you what you asked for?

And you would then go open a dispute??? And say what??

I ordered something. messed it up. now the company in question wont compensate for your fook up????

Cant even believe im reading this!!!!

Im i am not happy i am entitled to a refund end of story so i choose to ask for a refund and they wont then yes i will open a dispute no problem

[quote author=popsy b4 link=topic=34748.msg398707#msg398707 date=1339624865]
Im i am not happy i am entitled to a refund end of story so i choose to ask for a refund and they wont then yes i will open a dispute no problem
[/quote]

You be entitled to a refund if they sent you an incorrect part.

They have not sent you an incorrect part. They have sent you the correct part.

It does not fit your backbox because you did not measure it and order the custom part you needed.

So fault lies with you.

Correct me where i am getting this wrong??

Consumer rights state that you are entitled to an exchange/refund up to 14 days after purchase as long as the product hasn't been used and is in the same condition as it was delivered to you in!
I fail to see how asking for refund or exchange would be refused!

I alwaysfind that a polite conversation with a company is best way to resolve issues such as this!

Is a standard centre section for a turbo model not 2.5 inch end to end? I thought only non turbo models used a 2inch joint?
(could be refused wrong and happy to be corrected)

I know what i am am not entitled too i studied it long enough in school and it seems dave u would want to brush up on consumer laws if ur running a company

Anyway i got a reply from them today and i think it shows what type of company they are when dealing with issues like this they gave 2 options

Send it back they modify it and return it

Or send parts over and get it sorted here which is what i went for with splitting the costs

Im happy it was resolved in a very helpfull manner and no need to be arguing about if i can get refunds and all that nonscence . Case closed

Back