Low revs and cutting out

bugeye555

Middle Lane Hogs
Started haven this problem 2 days ago when I'm not given acceleration revs drop to around 500 and car cuts out sometimes very dangerous as when cornering car cut out once any idea what would cause this ?

Mine revs very low as well between 5 and 7 it dose not surge doh id say its a air mass censer.

Did you let it go very low on petrol ?

No didn't go low on petrol but I just got the cel comming on today with an O2 sensor code comming up

Have to ask, why are you going around corners in neutral? (If you were in neutral the gears would obviously control the revs) That in itself is dangerous as you have no control of the car, never mind the possibility of it now cutting out...

Cornering in neutral ??? It happens when I come off the accelerator noting to do with neutral, when I'm cornering I come off the accelerator a bit that's when it cuts out I'd never try take a corner in neutral

But if you were still in gear, the gear would hold the revs up and stop it dropping to idle? So it wouldn't be able to drop to 500rpm :smile:

mine has done this as well, not very often but a few times all the same, and i have let the petrol go low. The check engine light came on one time but went shortly after i filled up again.

is this what happens when you let the petrol too low?
I was guessing that the fuel filter got some crap clogged in it but freed out again after i had filled up.

EDIT: Brought my car to Jeremy in Auto Electrical Concepts to get the code read and it is:
P1410 secondary air combi valve open seized

Gonna pull it apart now to see if there is anything that I can do with it...

Back