will octane boost do in the interim?

K

kaiser

Will octane boost do in the interim on a jap import sti type r until i get her mapped or should I still really baby it????

Well ladies and gents, I'm still waiting to become a member of the scooby owners club. I haven't managed to sell my own car (if I had I'd have bought jim dublin's scooby by now). I've found a crowd in autotrader jap cars.ie. They have a monster selection of type r's and take trade in's so I'm contemplating trading in my mr2 as the convertible is proving hard to sell fast.
Has anyone heard of this crowd and whats they're reputation like? If I hear nothing bad I might take a spin (from cork) to have a look this weekend and see what I would get for my 01 mr2.
Also any advice on what to look for when buying an sti type r would be helpful as I'm not familiar with scoobies.......yet :thumbsup:

Here's hoping i'll be an owner sooner rather than later.

I have been in there a few times to look around. The guy I spoke to hadnt a clue what he was even selling. He knew nothing about cars. His tyre Rs are over priced too.

is japcars.ie the ones in santry near airport??????? :ponder: :ponder:

its really hard to say?????

right obviously look for the usual regards body cond and interior etc etc etc....

mechanics wise again the usual..........

figure if mileage correct by checking pedal/seat wear amongest others......

now look for how you think the cars life was??

as in gauges, stupid kits, driver bucket seats etc etc etc......

regards engine and reliability it really is pot luck combined with above.....

yea its the one near the airport.
I find with 9 out 0f 10 car sales places they don't have a bulls notion about cars. It's really the buyers job to pick out whats worth the money or not. They have a few nice type r's on their website at the moment, guy on the phone said he had about 20 ranging from 13k up. I'm looking for a version 5 at the very least in the 15-16k ish bracket. Am I hoping for too much?

I'd buy jim dublins in the morning but i can't seem to shift my own car, convertibles in this weather don't sell quick. Thats why I'm looking at a possible trade in. How much does it cost to get a v5 mapped out of interest?

If i was buying a type r now id buy one that a member off here had..so what if it has more miles..evry car i seen in that place had the same 55k kilometers on it and was ruff as fcuk..get one you know has been mapped and treated right..thats my 2 cents anyway...there is a lovely black one in southside automotive..if you want to buy fresh..i dont like kits but this one is lovely really suits the car...tein coilovers..nice exhaust..gold 18's

damn just had a look they sold it already!

Bought my car off Japcars. Brought a panel beater with me when looking at the car. I'd deal with Fergal (0878101620) hes the owner. The other guys working there are a bit ignorant. I think every car dealers can be dodgey but if you bring someone with you who knows their stuff you cant go wrong. :D

also got my yok there, [ jap cars ] good price caus my mate had jus bought a altezza of him.

but that big fat head is one ignorant cnut. thats my opinion, but yeah nice selection he has,

I'll take a spin up this weekend anyway. I'm coming from Cork so i can't exactly bring a mechanic with me that I know so I'll have to eyeball it myself. Everything on the website is between 45k and 60k so they must all be clocked, too coincidental!!! :?

Is there any definitive way of making sure a car is a v5 or six and not a v4. The only way I know is by looking at the front bumper but that could possibly be changed. I've seen a few '98's with v5 front bumpers, I though v5 were 99 onwards?

Back