oil pressure guage

W

wkdlegacy

well dudes,
am not sure if this is in the right place, anyway i got an oil pressure guage the other day and just wanted to know where is the best place to fit it in the engine should it be fitted at the oil filter or can you fit it some where under the intercooler.it is an electrical type. thanks.

well i have mine fitted on a sandwich plate,and have found it to be ok,also on the plate you have space for the oil pressure sensor for one day when you want to fit one...
But if you looking in the how to section Andyc has a thread were he fitted one and its fitted to the engine block..

thanks dudes,
where did you get the sandwich plate and how much it cost. will i need the get an oil pipe to go from the sandwich plate to the oil pressure sender

look in the trader section...one of them will be able to help you out with a sandwich plate,you dont need a oil pipe...you should just have...1 gauage,1 sender unit with complete wiring...

make sure to use ptfe tape on any of the threads even the blanked grub screw ones, can be a bit weepy. are you going for an oil temperature gauge too?

the pressure & temp sensors thread straight into the sandwich plate. i had to go to Hussey for wiring assistance as im color blind and dread electrics. he did a savage job too

Might talk to ya over the weekend about this Tony... Wouldn't mind having one in the wagon for peace of mind..

lol...the only prob with having guages in,is that you are all ways looking over at them...looking for something to go wrong,etc etc...but at the same time it does give you peace of mind...... :thumbsup:

the color blindness struck again, red needle on black background so i can only tell reading by seeing where the needle meets the lights on the outside edge :doh: @ yogi i can send on the links for all the stuff.

Back