Car cover wanted, any recommendations?

eliroche

I want to get a cover for the car.
Its not really used Monday to Friday and all the kids here are starting to ride bikes - including my own!- and they are getting on my nerves, i reckon a cover might help protect it a bit more from 4 year old's.
Something handy to take on and off, it will be mostly on during the week and off all weekend.
Anyone have any recommendations - or one for sale- before go go get one.

Cheers,
Eli. :thumbsup:

I'd advice against if the cars outdoors... They tend to flap around in the wind and flatten the shine of your paint work. Had one on the type r and it ruined the paint. TBH too... It ain't gonna protect it much from the young ones either Eli.

That was a carcoon buckshot.. Fully sealed unit with a dehumidifier and fan to keep it inflated.

@ Eli... A bb gun might come in handy too... They'd learn fast to keep clear. :p

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=34523.msg395572#msg395572 date=1337722552]
I'd advice against if the cars outdoors... They tend to flap around in the wind and flatten the shine of your paint work. Had one on the type r and it ruined the paint. TBH too... It ain't gonna protect it much from the young ones either Eli.
[/quote]

Worse than bird sh*t? my car sits up all week and is literally covered in bird sh*t..pain in the hole..was thinking about a car cover?

I'd rather wash bird sh*t off than have to constantly compound and polish the whole car. They also act as water traps when then get soaking wet and can affect the lacquer. The long and short of it is.. Don't store your pride and joy outside if you can help it... Or get a carcoon.

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=34523.msg395612#msg395612 date=1337765819]
I'd rather wash bird sh*t off than have to constantly compound and polish the whole car. They also act as water traps when then get soaking wet and can affect the lacquer. The long and short of it is.. Don't store your pride and joy outside if you can help it... Or get a carcoon.
[/quote]

Good advice cheers

the carcapsules are a grand job but the need to be plugged in all the time to keep it blown up,
get yourself a garden gazebo with fold down sides in b&q or woddies, there small money to buy and will do the job......

it uses a 3 pin(normal type plug) 230volt outdoor adaptor, that powers the three 6 inch fans that keep it blown up and vented....
its about 2 euro a month to keep it blown up.....

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=34523.msg395670#msg395670 date=1337797514]
the carcapsules are a grand job but the need to be plugged in all the time to keep it blown up,
get yourself a garden gazebo with fold down sides in b&q or woddies, there small money to buy and will do the job......
[/quote]

i was thinking this myself but what about the wind and stuff
half thinking of buying a little metal garage for my own im fed up wiping bird crap off the cars :angry1:

fookin hate that Colm , most annoying thing that can happen a clean car imo , left mine out of the garage saturday night , was destroyed with crap :doh:

cable tie all the sides and front and just snip um when you want to take the car out,
a few cavity blocks will keep it from flying away colm :icon_grin:

Back