Car won't start

wrx99

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi All,

Replaced battery I'm car and I now have no ignition lights? Have checked battery connections and they are fine. Any ideas ??

Thanks

Was it a new battery you fitted? Also may sound stupid but did you fit the correct way + and -

is there anything on at all lights radio if not then its either the battery is flat or a main fuse did you try a volt meter on it

Nope no lights whatsoever. Yeah tried voltmeter on it and battery is perfect checked all fuses and all ok. Have immobilized on car was on it when I got the car tried that also

:ponder2: :ponder2: double check that its + to + and - to- cause there should be something on lad try the parker switch on top of the steering colum . theres no power going anywhere so it has to be battery related . why did you change the battery

With your multimeter check where the positive goes into the fuse box and the chassis (top shock mounting bolt ideal) then altenator to chassis then starter to chassis,If its a new batt you should have over 12volts at each point.

i have no lights what so ever just the annoying buzzer telling me keys are in ignition.could it be immob problem

Could be immobiliser issue or alarm related.

Does your car have a factory fitted system.

If it was me, i'd try and maybe reset it. Or possibly diconnect the battery, then

put the key back in the ignition and re install the battery.

Give it 20 seconds and try. (worked for me on a Volvo years ago) :thumbsup:

i dont know what car u have, but if its the alarm / immobilizer the sigma ones are a heap of trouble

[quote author=wrx99 link=topic=34464.msg396313#msg396313 date=1338328224]
Did you get a chance to post it?
[/quote]Dave's phone number is in the bottom of his posts mate.Best off ringing or texting him.

Back