Engine stand

gar_bandit

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi lads was tidying the garage and I have an engine stand that is taking up space it's used when building an engine you can turn engine 360 degrees when putting it together it's a very handy aid €50 gets it call or txt me 0872465918

I have a misfire at 4800rpm at speed when high up the gears, ive changed air flow meter, cam sensor,crank sensor, coils plugs ignition ignitor and even bought a new power fc, and it's still the same so if I can't find the problem I'll break the ba*tard I'm sick of it at this stage

If you drive it out through 1st and 2nd is the miss not present at 4800rpm? Is it only up in 4th and 5 th

As you probably know she will boost higher in the higher gears so could be breaking down :ponder: You say you tryed the ignitor, have you tryed a different coil pack Gar?

[quote author=gar_bandit link=topic=34431.msg394841#msg394841 date=1337254559]
I replaced all 4 coilPacks
[/quote]

Ok. Did you ask the mapper what it could be? Or are you running it in at the minute?

Seen as do its doing it up in gears and not in low gears that to me would suggest its nothing to do with revs but possibly speed, might be an idea to check out the gearbox speed sensor?

The ecu reads info from the clocks and can be an issue with v1/2 cars. So a quick swap over with another set speedos clocks also try.

Im not sure of the year of your car Gar, but if its the older type with Speedo cable, I would just swap clocks first with someone as its un likely its the mecahnical one given trouble, it would either work or not,
If you have the Electronic sensor, id try a loan of a sensor, check the wiring around the sensor, if not the sensor try the clocks. Make sure you have good earths aswell as that can effect sensors readings

Back