235 section tyre on a 7" rim???????????

DUFFMAN

Member Number 25Full ISDC Members 2015
ISDC Club Member
anybody ever put a 235 tyre on a 7" wide rim?

will it work?

You would get away with it, but its going to be baloonish and with the additional tyre movement due to almost a triangular shape to the rim wall you cihld burst the seal on the rim during hard cornering

its for a track car so wont work so.

thanks guys

You would have the feeling of similar to the tyre folding in under the rim when cornering

i ran wide slicks at the last track day that were wider than the wheels and had no issues cornering and didnt break any seals if you want johnny we can trial fit one tyre and see ho it looks then make up your mind?

But your rims are 7.5 or possibly 8 Alan, Is Johnny on about Road tyres or race tyres?

he talkn about the 888s i have for sale,what i ment was that the slicks were wider than my wheels and the beads sealed no probs and didnt have any issues cornering ect maybe,so id imagine the 235 on a 7 wheel would be similar

888s have a very stiff side wall so id imagine that would get rid of and roll or wobbles mentioned??

I don't think there would be an issue with the 888s to be honest

They are designed for hard life and have stronger side walls to help them cope with the additional pressure that would be put on them

Back