Alpine Head Unit Recommendations

MDS having dale at the moment I think

Might be worth having a look there Robbie

Think I have a discount card for Halfords if you want a lEnd of it. Only a few % off but better in your pocket than there's. Send me a text and will pop it in the post to you

:smokin:

Your alright Carlo, I have a 15% discount card from AXA already but thanks for the offer mate :thumbsup:

Do you know which is the latest version? or what the main differences are?

done a bit of research into the 2 units, i know a bit about car audio.

both have exactly the same amp and power wattage, so your audio quality will be identical.

both have exactly the same AM/FM antenna strength and receiver also.

only clear difference i can see if the 133 has a ''advanced bluetooth technology for phone use'' both have bluetooth but i reckon from reading about it that the difference would be in the user interface and maybe call settings for your phone and thats it. might make the difference to you if you were to be on the phone alot while driving, etc.

so sound quality will be identical from the 2 units.

good units tho, AUX and USB ports are the only way to go :thumbsup:

hope this helps

for more info here are the 2 units from alpine themselves.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cde-133bt/default

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cde-103bt/default

choose wisely :roll:

:thumbsup:

I bought an Alpine CDE-111 (not sure I'd that is the exact code) from caraudiodirect.co.uk which was the cheapest place I could find by far.

I've only ever bought Alpine headunits as I've always found them superior to other brands.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help :icon_pray:

@lloyd - thats great info, thanks man :thumbsup:

Think I'll go and pick up the 133 from Halfords as it'll only cost 170, just have to see if i need a subaru to iso connector first :hammerhead:

On another note, would adding an amp make much of a difference when i only have front speakers?

I changed the OEM speakers in the wagon for some panasonic ones and the difference was staggering!!

Well with changing these before even considering an amp or sub etc.

Afaik, there were no speakers or radio as standard :smile:

I think there are supposed to be some alpine speakers in it, not 100% though, will pop the door cards off over the next few days and take a look as one of them has become a bit noisy and i think it may be loose :thumbsup:

Not sure Robbie... Speakers came out of the Type r and had been fitted by previous owner... I know that ain't all that expensive and are wort it for difference they make. Have you any in the rear?

speakers arent that dear
get the head unit in
see how it sounds
go from there
sis the spec c not have speakers in front from new ?
i picked up brand new but second hand pioneer speakers for mine
youd be amazed how many people buy speakers but never get around to fitting them
plenty available around http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/cars-motorbikes-boats/car-parts-accessories/45/q_speakers/
the head unit doesent come with a ipod cable A.F.A.I.K.
cable may be cheaper on flea bay rather than halfords so price check it :thumbsup:

Back