Tyres ........ Yeah Yeah I know ..........

Which out of the two............

• Total voters
H

http90

Done to death I know , :oops:

Looking to get new boots over the weekend (225/45/17)....... was looking to fit eagle F1's as iv heard good reports on these tyres.
anyhooo

Rang a couple of places ..... but the nearest place didnt have F1's in stock, and may take a couple of days to come in......
But he did have a set of dunlop sp's aswel as 'Budget'

Now its much of a muchness as I can get them in Galway.........

The Dunlop SP9000 is dramatically different to look at , with a tread pattern that fans outwards and utilising a totally new silica compound for the tread. Innovative construction and a completely new tread design herald a new generation of Dunlop tyres. The SP9000 features Directional, silica compound tread pattern. Massive grip and precise handling control, wet or dry. High resistance to aquaplaning.
Grip in Dry: 4.5 out of 5
Grip in wet: 4 out of 5
Overall performance: 4.5 out of 5

The new Eagle F1 high performance tire combines the OneTRED design of a racing slick, for superb handling, with unique V–TRED technology to reduce the chance of aquaplaning.
Some of the features and qualities Goodyear describe for this tyre are Extreme handling performance Continuous load transfer , Direct steering input transfer , Water dispersal, Resistance to aquaplaning. Eagle racing compound technology Superior power transfer wet or dry. Goodyear say that this tyre is For demanding traction and braking in all conditions
Grip in Dry: 4 out of 5
Grip in wet: 4.5 out of 5
Overall performance: 4.5 out of 5

http://www.ctyres.co.uk/Tyres.php

So What to fit, or in your opinion which is the better all round tyre .............

Cheers & (Sorry For the rant !!) :thumbsup:

*Edit to say - Good site, seems as both tyres are equally as good :ponder:*

[quote author=Cill link=topic=3962.msg41098#msg41098 date=1192180650]
Uniroyal Rainsport... your only man for Irish roads :subaru:
[/quote]

have to agree with cill- uniroyal rainsports are the biz :thumbsup:

The Goodyear Eagle F1's are a great tyre and its always better to have a tyre that's best in the wet becase that's where you'll really need the grip. All modern tyres provide loads of grip in the dry but their wet grip characteristics vary a lot in the wet.

The tyre du jour in road racing circles is the Dunlop Direzza. There's nothing to touch it at the moment but it is pricey and may not be that easy to source.

Frawls

i have the goodyear f1s fitted all round and have no complaints about them at all, only thing i did hear about them though was that you have to see in which country they were made, something about them not being suitable for our road conditions , think it was the tyres made in thailand that are bogey,  :ponder:

cheers, james.

i could never trust a tyre that doesnt have a band around the centre to let the water escape

i realise that a few people here are using them, are they any good :dunno: and how are they in the wet

:thumbsup:

Prob, been said a load if times F1's are great but Toyo's are far better
and have come down a bit in price too........

Niall.

Back