Website Loading problems

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Having a bit of a weird problem with some websites (and no, not the dirty ones). For some reason, the pages will just not load, some parts of the website will load but others won't :comp26:

Changing browser makes no difference and the websites are fine, I pull them up on my phone and they work properly.

Anyone any ideas? Or is it a broadband problem (3 BB mobile usb)?

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=34316.msg393712#msg393712 date=1336509875]
Clear your browser cache and try again.
[/quote]

Still nothing :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Downloaded the ccleaner and also the defraggler and still the same :comp26: .. Scoobynet is acting up now, seems to load the banner no problem but wont load any of the content :dontknow:

Any more ideas? Could it be might internet connection causing the problem?

id say broadband
bring it in to your work or somewhere else
or attach it to your mobile phone internet connection and see if the same
can have a look at it if you want :thumbsup:

Strange that some Sties are loading and not others..can you see a pattern like Irish sites are loading and uk ones are not..or UK are not loading and US are not?
If some site are loading and others aren't It wont be a browser issue, provided you cleared all your cookies?

you can testing your routing to see if it's an ISP problem.

go to start, run , in the run box type command(or cmd) click ok

This should bring up a black box(dos prompt)

at the flashing cursor type>> tracert goolge.com (I'm using ggole as and example, use one that works)

Now what you see back may look like nonsense to you but whats its doing is showing you the the path or "route" you are taking to that site by various "hops". It should start at the address of your HUB ..something like 192.169.1.1 or 192.168.1.254..that doesn't really matter... that's your gateway, the first step, the next will be external IP address provided by your ISP.
So it will take another few hops and you will probably see your ISP's exchange router
like this

blah-blah.eircomarecnuts.path.hairyfanny [10.1.1.0) or some sh*t like that...

you don't need to interrupt any of this, just so you have a reference point. count the number of hops..usually around 12-20 depending on your isp.

So now run the same for a site not working, you could open up another command prompt so you have them side by side for comparison.

tracert scoobynet.com

now compare the 2, for the one not working you may see a drop off or it stopping at a certain hop. Now I wouldn't expect you to do anything with his information, no one can really expect your ISP....
but at least you will know it's a routing issue and when you call the useless cnuts at the help desk you already have proof that they have a routing issue and you will save yourself days of endless back and forth with someone who knows less than you reading from a script designed to get you off the phone and confused.

Cheers Dave, will try it out when I'm back at a pc and report back then :thumbsup: .. Doesn't seem to be a pattern, off the top of my head, there's 1 Irish, 1 English and one US site not working, and they're a mixture of forum and normal websites :comp26:

Ok, so scoobynet is back working today for some reason :dontknow:

So for an example of a site that I'm having problems with: www.cmrf.org

When I tracert it, it says trace complete, no problems. When I load that page, no problems. But on that page, wheni click skip to main website http://www.cmrf.org/main/index , nothing happens. When I stick this in the tracert, all that comes up is "unable to resolve target system name". Don't know whether the is to do with using '/' in the address as I get the same for this forum address when i try it and I've never had a problem here.

Now the weird thing with the cmrf site, if i just google it, it gives a list of the various pages, I can click say the events and it will load perfectly. But then if i click 'contact us', it will refuse to load.

Extremely annoying :angry1:

Sorry Rob I could only access the site today ..has it been down?

The fact you can get to the homepage eliminates any routing issues...you must have something cache in temp files that is cocking it up..if you have cleared all temp files and cookies... browse to the windows system folder

C:\WINDOWS\Temp on XP

And dump all that crap you may need to sign in as administrator.

Are you using google chrome? You can get some basic logging from that..install it and try the sites

So I ran ccleaner, cleared the cache on chrome, then went into C:\Windows\Temp and made sure absolutely everything was cleared. The only thing that won't clear is the Avast virus folder which has 2 small sized files. Logged back on and still nothing, some banners are loading and then the rest of the page doesn't load.

Could it be an issue with avast?

Just noticed 2 of the sites I'm trying to load are .org domains but the other one is just scoobynet which I'd not had a problem with until last week. :comp26:

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=34316.msg396149#msg396149 date=1338242498]
see if they load in a incognito window in chrome
[/quote]

Same result

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34316.msg396128#msg396128 date=1338240309]
So I ran ccleaner, cleared the cache on chrome, then went into C:\Windows\Temp and made sure absolutely everything was cleared. The only thing that won't clear is the Avast virus folder which has 2 small sized files. Logged back on and still nothing, some banners are loading and then the rest of the page doesn't load.

Could it be an issue with avast?

Just noticed 2 of the sites I'm trying to load are .org domains but the other one is just scoobynet which I'd not had a problem with until last week. :comp26:
[/quote]

I'd try removing avast next

Removed Avast and a load of other crap off the pc, seems to be working a lot better now. 2 of the site's seem to be working fine, although intermittently it takes about 4 minutes for the page to load properly. The other site I'm having problems with is now taking over 5mins to load regardless, but will load eventually.

Could it be a missing plug in? Or could my modem be causing the problem by not maintaining a proper connection?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34316.msg396299#msg396299 date=1338323141]
Removed Avast and a load of other crap off the pc, seems to be working a lot better now. 2 of the site's seem to be working fine, although intermittently it takes about 4 minutes for the page to load properly. The other site I'm having problems with is now taking over 5mins to load regardless, but will load eventually.

Could it be a missing plug in? Or could my modem be causing the problem by not maintaining a proper connection?
[/quote]

If it's just individual sites I wouldn't blame the router, the are very basic and all the routing to websites is done through your ISP...after removing avast I would reinstall my browser, you can export all your favourites to an import file but don't export cookies etc.
This is why I never advise people to use free anti virus, there's always an agenda..something installed to a different part of the registry, root kits to monitor your activity or direct you to certain sites...nothing is free..
I'm sure other people use AVAST without issue..but personally I would uninstall any trace of it, run a scan with malware bytes in safemode, takes a couple of hours to do a complete scan..remove any crap...fresh install of my browser...buy kaspersky and never worry about internet security again.

Back